The Ultimate FOOTBALL Thread (04/05)

c'mon guys...you are a professional. paid to play a game you love. your team depends on the points to up their standing in the league. What would you do?? admit you lost the game for your team or try to cover it up and thereby grabbing some much needed points for your team???? In this age of professionalism I wouldve done exactly the same as Carroll and I challenge anyone here to say they would do otherwise, knowing that your position in a top flight club that you have dreamed of achieving for your entire life, and possibly your job, could be under threat. I think there would be very few people out there brave enough to make that call.

just my drunken 2 cents worth

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I just cannot see any other keeper going to the ref and saying hey mate that was over the line. Just not going to happen..

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
connakers dude

do you know you can watch "Chelsea TV" on SkyPerfect now??

http://www.jsports.co.jp/tv/football/sw_chtv.html

Bunch of crap surely, full of Londoners, innit? :p
Oh bollox, and i`ve just gone and got myself a girlfriend! May have to see if I can get some sort of monthly package...

Looked like Gerard saved the day again for you, and the Morientes saga drags on and on and on - you`re getting as bad as chelsea with all this non-stop transfer speculation
;\)

There doesn`t seem to be enough talk about Exeter on this thread, any takers?

...what can I say... \:\(

About the tv, I'm sure you can fit it in - it's not the complete channel just sometimes interviews and games shown (like MUTV)

No way! Morientes is going to get a hat-trick 3-1, which coincidentally will be the same scoreline by which Chelsea will beat you in the 2nd leg.

Did you see the first leg? Supposed to have been a good game. Particularly enjoyed Mourinho keeping the tradition of at least one manager trying to cause trouble. He`s a funny man. But Fergie not biting? Must be getting tired in his old age.

Interesting - Real Madrid just picked up Graveson for 2.1m. They love picking up players cheap at the last minute before their Bosman dont they? Cheeky buggers. I suppose thats the pay off for spending massive amounts of cash on the worlds best, it means all the 2nd rate players want to come and will join you for almost nothing.

Looking forward to the big one this saturday lunchtime.

Oh well. mad.gif

BBC Gossip column into overtime today. This one especially:

"Chelsea will make a £60 swoop for Barcelona star Ronaldinho in the summer. (News of the World)"

Do you think that Wenger really started on him?

"

In a stream of insults [Ferguson] described Wenger as "a disgrace" and alleged that the Arsenal manager had "his hands raised" during the so-called Battle of the Buffet at Old Trafford in October. Wenger is supposed to have advanced towards Ferguson, shouting: "What do you want to do about it?"

"

That whole Battle of the Buffet thing belongs in a comedy sketch show. If only it was recorded on video in some way.

Were his hands raised in a Queensbury boxing style? Or maybe an `i`m going to throttle you` gesture? Or maybe in a satirical scottish jig pose?

I hope the latter.

I think the whole fued thing started years ago and has just got worse and sillier by the season (or month!).

What I do know is that I think Arse is exactly that. And I generally like Sir Fergie, however apparently annoying he certainly can be.

Got to admit I can put up with Fergie more than anything Arsenal-related. Wenger really does get on me tits. Looks like the two are fighting for 2nd place now hey. Chelsea seeing no blip yet - perhaps coming soon... (he says hopefully)

Getting ridiculous that.

Hey rach, a bit of a shock last night nearly again. Or is that just the Sun being overly-dramatic. Whatever, not as shocking as actually being beaten like we were.

Looks like liverpool have brought in Carson from Leeds - better than nothing, but I would have prefered a proven experienced keeper coming in. I hear Lehman is out of sorts at Arsenal - he'd have been a good steal. Dudek looked so good, but too many mistakes already. I dunno, I think a keeper is such a hard position to find quality in - I can only really think of Schmeichal and Seaman in recent years who have been top notch, and even they had dodgy days (england vs brazil).

David James was at Liverpool, suffering what Dudek and Kirkland are now (inconsistent, people always moaning about them - I have gone right off Kirkland), he left and went on to do quite well. Maybe they should just stick with Dudek and support rather than attack the keepers.