Putting on the kg over summer > back to the running

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on ya.

Well, a mix of rain and a worrying feeling going on down in my knee has stopped me a bit over the last week or so. I want to buy a spare set of knees, anyone know of anywhere? Rakuten maybe? :p

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful with those knees. I'm a jogger, but limit it to 4 days a week now, about 10km a go. I've known a few people whove overdone it and broken their knees. It's not worth it, keep them going longer. You need them for the skiing anyway.

• 7 months later...

I just started to get fit again after a long period of procrastinating. Put on to much weight. Did some Hindu Squats, awesome workout, now stairs are a real challange due to muscle pain. Feels good though!!

I thought bicycling was good to lose my weight but I realized it's not. I eat a lot before and after riding my bike around 50km every weekend and I'm sure I put on weight. So, I'm back to the swimming now. Feels very good. Bicycling and swimming could be a good combination to control my weight.

No amount of exercise ever made me lose weight. The only think that worked was stopping eating sweets, and I lost 10 kg over 6 months. It proved to be very efficient and painless method.

sunrise, maori, yama, thanks. Ok, I'm not overweight but I want to lose fat on my body for bikinis in summer. I'm trying to stay in fit. Eat well, Exercise well, Sleep well, balance is important!

Quote:
Originally posted by slow:
sunrise, maori, yama, thanks. Ok, I'm not overweight but I want to lose fat on my body for bikinis in summer. I'm trying to stay in fit. Eat well, Exercise well, Sleep well, balance is important!
Yeah, me too, although you wont see me in a bikini!! ;\) lol.gif

Its nice being trim for da summer, esp at the beach cool.gif

I like being trim for summer if only for the reason I usually go back home and eat tons of food and inevitably put on weight. Not good if you're starting from a portly point.

I have lost quite a lot by exercising a lot and cutting back on food at the same time. Sweet things got cut out (though I sometimes treat myself) and volumes generally got cut as well. Seems to work.

Quote:
Originally posted by TheOrange:
I have lost quite a lot by exercising a lot and cutting back on food at the same time. Sweet things got cut out (though I sometimes treat myself) and volumes generally got cut as well. Seems to work.
Ive done the same thing Orange. Im a huge chocoholic but have replace chocolate with fruit. Have been getting really cheap & delicious strawberries and plums \:D

Make sure to carry water with you while your running and keep hydrated now that its getting quite hot and humid.
  • 2 weeks later...

Plums are great aren't they. Peaches too. And I quite like oranges as well. \:\) I don't carry water with me actually, I don't like carrying things with me. If it's hot I just make sure I drink a lot before I go out.

Well I don't drink that much, and I don't jog that much either - about 7km so about 40 minutes or so. I just don't really want to have to take anything out with me it messes with my style. \:\)