No, I don't. But when I do put a suit on and walk down them stairs, it causes a real stir among the Downstairs People. Small children run around shouting "Dad, dad, where are you going! Can I go too!", women put their heads out of doorways and say "That was the tie you wore at our wedding", hens cackle, dogs bark frantically and tug at my turn-ups, and all is consternation and vivid excitement.

I wear basic low cost suits. Since I have successfully managed to direct my career away from that most hated of business realities called clients and customers so I don't really care for expensive suits. A fair few years ago I would own max two $1000 suits. Not any more. For the sake of example I would buy suits in Japan for about jpy40,000. I can tell that they are not best quality but on those crowded trains, who cares. I own about 10 suits now and all are low cost (except for a UC of Beneton suit I bought second hand in a thrift shop). I gain no ego-penile extension from expensive suits. I know people who do. And no, I don't look like crap in low cost suits 'cause I know how to dress and wear them and look good... unlike most guys who spend big cash on expensive suits and have no idea about actually looking good.

There is a good shop just next to Loft in Shibuya. The entrance is of a small alley and there is a cafe in the shop itself. From the shop you can go directly into Loft. I cant remember the name, some fake Italian styled brand name, I will check a suit when I get home. Anyway, they sell perfectly decent suits for no more than jpy40,000, although it helps to have a slim and fit male figure to ensure they have your size. I have bought one low cost suit in London (£130) and found them to be of much lower quality than Japanese low cost suits. They are also all cut for overweight guys, like most of the shirts! My other advice is never buy a rack suit in Japan during summer as they revert to those disgraceful unlined tissue thin summer suits that are see through. Shocking stuff they are. Low cost winter suits are quite light weight and so it will be fine for summer and comfortable in winter with a dress jacket over the top. This winter suit/summer suit thing is a BS gimmick.

Until people stop wearing suits, there is no hope for sustainable living. Many aspects of urban infrastructure are designed to ameliorate the discomfort of people who are wearing wholely impractical clothing - in summer and winter. The cost of suits is far higher than the price tag on the garment.

It would be interesting to measure the productivity and efficiency over a whole day, of somebody wearing a suit and somebody dressed sensibly. That would include of course, amounts of energy used per unit of productivity. When the weather calls for freeballing and flipflops, putting on woollen trousers and black leather shoes is insane.

I like wearing suits for the first five minutes - until I'm reminded of the bondage-like restrictions they place on my freedom of movement.

I havent worn a suit daily for over 6 years. Now, I just have to wear one on those special school days - just need to have a shirt that has a collar at school and pants, jeans are even OK though I dont wear em.

I like suits, I make em look good ;\)

Just cant stand em in the summer when its boiling outside and Ive sweated through my shirt and jacket...yuck eek.gif

I like wearing a suit occasionally even though I'm under no obligation to do so. I do have to wear a tie much of the time and I think a suit is the only thing which can make those rediculous things look good. A suit minus the the tie can look fine as well.

I actually tried to find a suit the other day but they all seemed to be cut for guys with narrow shoulders and toothpick arms. Kind of the opposite of the 'fatso market' cut in the UK. I'm hardly built like Arnie but there's a lot of slightly built guys in Japan. I'd say 30,000 yen is enough to buy a decent one. If you don't look alright normally an Armarni suit will just make you look like a well-dressed fugly anyway lol.gif

whats a suit? I dont have one, I dont need one ;\) I have a black sport coat thats gathering dust in the closet.

Havent worn the damn thing yet. Doesnt fit.

If I ever get a suit I will probably have to get a tailor made one, off the rack wont fit me.

I dont fit "normal" dimensions.

\:\(

Quote:
I gain no ego-penile extension from expensive suits. I know people who do.
:D

My ex-GF gave me a super-120s a few years ago (to celebrate an event). Since then I have never had an off-the-rack or owned anything less than JPY150,000. However, I avoid suit whenever I can.

And chicks who can tell a good suit (esp. if worn without a tie) is a special class.

I pay $500-750 for myself. My little brother is getting married in December and being a recent college grad he's pretty broke. I told him to have a suit made for himself for his wedding and new life and I would pay for it. He accepted and got an $1,100 suit made. I didn't say anything, I threw in an estra $100 and told him to buy a tie. I'm happy for him.

I currently own 9 suits. I can fit into 6 of them. " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />