Cann someone tell me how often teams play games?

It seems that Ichiro is hitting points almost every other day in search of this record, whatever that is.

And why does Ichiro have special balls?

I don't think anything of baseball but I learnt this am that the record he is going for ( only 5 more hits in 5 games i think) has been in place since the 1920's. So I guess it's a pretty big acheivement if he makes it. ( which I hope he does)

Just spotted this in the Mainichi

Specially marked balls used for Ichiro as he closes in on record

U.S. Major League baseball has released to the press the specially marked balls used for when Ichiro Suzuki bats as he closes in on the record for most hits in a season.

Mainichi Shimbun

One of the special balls used for when Ichiro bats.

Major League officials said that the special balls, each with a serial number and the slugger's initial of "S" printed on them, have been used since he connected for his 250th hit on Sept. 25.

The Major League apparently plans to keep the balls should Ichiro equal or break the record.

Ichiro is currently two hits short of the record of 257, set by George Sisler in 1920. There are five games remaining in the season. (Mainichi Shimibun, Japan, Sept. 29,

2004)

Here is the original with a picture of the special ball(s)!

http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/20040930p2a00m0sp001001c.html

"The Major League apparently plans to keep the balls should Ichiro equal or break the record."

They didn't finish the sentence off. I'll do that for them...

"The Major League apparently plans to keep the balls should Ichiro equal or break the record, in order to be able to sell them sometime in the future for vast amounts of money to mad-people."

I S&M,

which are ya S or M? lol.gif But, the balls arent going to be returned to the fans are they? Who is going to sell them? The baseball comissioner? Itd be worth it if the money collected was donated to a charity - something that Ive never heard of in this country.