Corny corporate slogans - let's collect and shame them!

Why do so many companies / organisations have such vom-inducing "

"Give us a few minutes of your time and we'll give you the world" - BBC World. Bleeeeeuugh.

There's tons more, please add while I think too.

Here's one from the library of bad slogans from this auto company:

いいもの長く

Literally translated means "good things long"

The English equivalent given to this was "Creating Together"

I am sure you could imagine the wonderful days spent by the native English speakers on this one.

Some good/bad ones, brands as much as anything:

"I liked the shaver so much, I bought the company"

"beanz meaning Heinz"

"for mash get Smash"

"Things Go Better With Coke" (WTF?)

What did that sexy Cadburys Caramel bunny used to say.....?

All I can think of now. There are some awful cringe-inducing phrases out there though.

I'm a little embarrassed to say, that you may have heard my voice saying "I'm loving it" cos it's being used on one of current crop of McDonald's TV CMs now playing on Japanese TV. Ocean 11 will probably never talk to me again for selling out for a decent wad of cash for the use of my voice on such products. They were also thinking of using my voice for another slogan which was - wait for it: "Burger for Adult".... (how can you say that without laughing? lol.gif What is it, R Rated? I'm glad I don't have to own up to doing that one... When they told me about that one I said 'are you serious?' They replied that they're trying to market McDonalds to a broader market - ie - people in their 20s and 30s (since I guess the kids are starting to wise up cos they're not doing so well), hence a bunch of CMs aimed at older people than kids. I think the one my voice is on is set at some kinda fashion show with a fashion model. I haven't seen it myself.

This one is for a motor oil company, sold in Australia (probably elsewhere in the world too).

"Valvoline ... you know what I mean"

Err, actually - No, I don't.

(P.S. Valvoline is pronounced Val-vo-leen so it rhymes with 'mean'. Still don't know what he means though).