The most expensive meal you've had

I was taken to a restaurant last night and the bill came to about $200 per person. To me that's ridiculous, it wasn't that good. It was good, just not that good. I know that might be "nothing" to some people, I'm interested to know the most expensive meal you've had.

\:\)

...wasnt the most expensive because it was free but it was great! Last weekend, went and visited some mates in Hiroshima and one of them, Ryo, his family owns/runs a store that prepares seafood/sushi/sashimi party platters. So, he comes over and we drink lots of sake and were thinking bout going out and getting some sushi, instead he tells us he wants to cook for us. Sure, whatever. He goes and brings back 4 MASSIVE crabs, a lobster, a plate of roast beef, some sushi/sashimi, uni, and other stuff. At his familys place one plate is bout 15,000 and he brought over 4-5 plates for that many people. Was free and some of the best food Ive eaten in a loooong time!! \:D clap.gif

I had a really fancy meal once, again someone else paid for it. I wasn't too impressed it was one of these trying so hard places with tiny portions and the like.

I went home and had a toasted sandwich

I know that too expensive meal which used only the best part of vegetables, fish, meat... can't make me happy.

It is amazing to see creativity and artistry of the chef sometimes but I prefer homecooked meal with good companion, good atmosphere where we can have a big laugh. It makes me so happy.

Yama, the meal you had last weekend sounds very nice! \:\)

By far the most expensive meal I have ever paid for was for a party of 13 at a restaurannt on the top of the Ala Moana Hotel in Honolulu called Aarons. It was the day before my wedding and I felt like treating the families to dinner. All said and done it came out to around just shy of $3000! eek.gif

The most expensive one I had was in the place on the top of the building that is across the sibuya-mark-city west exit. Nice place for romantic dinner with the lady, you can see all Tokyo from up there. I was buing dinner for her, so it was something like 27000 yen for 2 persons. At least the food was excellent so I didn’t feel I was ripped off.

Quote:
Originally posted by slow:
I know that too expensive meal which used only the best part of vegetables, fish, meat... can't make me happy.
It is amazing to see creativity and artistry of the chef sometimes but I prefer homecooked meal with good companion, good atmosphere where we can have a big laugh. It makes me so happy.
Yama, the meal you had last weekend sounds very nice! \:\)
You shouldve been there :p

Paid for, just a couple of hundred at a suave place in Atlanta. For some reason, I always get taken out to eat wakaranai.gif \:D
 Quote:
tsondaboy, I go there for lunch sometimes. It's just five minutes walk from my office!
Isn’t that kind of an expensive place just to go for lunch? If we are talking about the same place, that is. I can`t remember the name for the one I am talking about, what’s the name of the one you are talking about slow?

I dare not guess the cost of the most expensive meal which I had because I know it was astronomical but I didn't have to pay.

The most expensive one I actually paid for was some years back. It was about HK$28,000 for four. So with the exchange rate at HK$7.8 to US$1 that came to a little less than US$1000 per person. It was just one of those "I had to do it once in my life experiences" and I doubt I will ever do it again even if I can afford it. The meal included Shark's Fin, Abalone and Bird's Nest and it was at what was supposed to be the most expensive restaurant in Hong Kong at the time.

Yeap thats the one! I like the food there much, been a couple of times. Always paid more than 1 man. You actually go there for lunch, you have monet to spare man lol!

My lunch is usualy gaku-shoku 500 yen lol.gif

Dinner with the lady is an other thing ;\)

I went to that oyster restaurant chain, there is one in Harajuku. Pretty tasty, very very trendy, but we had to go to McDs afterwards :-( Can't remember the name but it has a kind of surf theme.

Until I read Markies $1000pp hit bit, I thought my -

"9-of-us sharing a $2000 bill" was pretty rich.

Geez Markie It's a wonder the WWF (world wildlife fund) hasn't put you on it's hit list.

Then maybe it has ;\)

May I add that the only really memorable thing about that meal was the bill. The food was pretty good but not fantastic delicious and same about the service. In fact, many of the places Fatts took us to in Hakuba had better tasting food.

As I said, I only we so that I could say: "Oh that place! Yeah, I took some friends there once."

I have never paid for a crazy priced meal. I think the most expensive one I've ever had was probably a couple of hundred a head.

I'd like to try the terribly expensive one just for the experience. Anyone take me? I'm sure Ocean11 would have, but he seems to have retired.

\:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by Markie:

As I said, I only we so that I could say: "Oh that place! Yeah, I took some friends there once."
Are you alright Markie? As soon as you mentioned Fatts suddenly your spelling went out the door lol.gif
Is it post France excitement perhaps ;\) (have a great trip).

Rach - when I become a millionaire I promise I'll take you there, so stay in touch \:\)
 Quote:
Originally posted by Markie:
May I add that the only really memorable thing about that meal was the bill. The food was pretty good but not fantastic delicious and same about the service. In fact, many of the places Fatts took us to in Hakuba had better tasting food.
Thank you for the Indian we had that night Markie - had such a great time with you and your family and the crazy SJ crew there then. I havent laughed so hard in a long time wave.gif