Best Valentines day: Tandem Bungee jump with my then girlfriend in Queenstown, followed by a Hot Air Balloon ride with Champagne and all the trimmings and a moonlit picnic dinner on lake edge. THen back to hotel for hte perfect end... ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by farquah:
Best Valentines day: Tandem Bungee jump with my then girlfriend in Queenstown, followed by a Hot Air Balloon ride with Champagne and all the trimmings and a moonlit picnic dinner on lake edge. THen back to hotel for hte perfect end... ;\)
Sounds like a great day - Id love ta do that with a girl! Was it cold then or was it more summertime weather for you?

Think going skiing/boarding with a girl would be pretty nice too.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
But she is one of the reasons I get annoyed skiing with Chicks.
Why? Was she a better skier and ya couldn't keep up or, more likely, was it the same as my experiences - they keep complaining about the cold and want to go inside for a coffee and a visit to the WC? confused.gif

Bingo about the second part.

I don't care if she is better. In fact for technique she was amazing. She made me the skier I am today for technique at least.

I don't care if I'm skiing with girls. I'm just not going to be responsible for them if they want to go in to warm up, yadda yadda yadda.

Quote:
"Valentines Day is a sham honey, ...it's just a tool to lure us consumers into spending money" speech.
I agree - it is just a way get consumers to spend cash based on guilt. If you don't buy her/him a nice gift yadayadayada..!
No problems here either!

Of course it's just a way to get people to spend cash - as are almost all other celebrations.

Only miserable bastards moan about it all. ;\)

My lady is going to get a nice surprise this year - I'm going to propose to her. Don't tell anyone, ok?!

Friend of mine for Valentines last year with his significant other;

Bar for drinks, followed by;

Expensive meal for two at a restaurant

Onto club, drank champagne

Cab home

Got home, very drunk, and proceeded to throw up all expensive drinks/food consumed previously. He thinks he probably spent an entire weeks salary on this night out.

This year he said he's going to cook a meal at home. lol.gif