Are you angry with... "Japan"?

I only ask because I read through other threads and people dissing whatever whenever they can. Japanese are stupid, authorities are crazy, ambulances are pathetic. Oh yes, and takyubin companies as well. etc etc.

And I don't just mean the above, in general people seem to be much more "angry" than not. (And I also don't mean that all the above are not valid frustrating cases either)

Is that stressful? And if so, why live here?

Just a thought?

\:\)

IM sure that isnt the case. People need a place to vent their frustrations and this is a good place to do it. People usually dont come on here and write about how happy they are..they would go out and do something. Also many of these topics are started just for something to talk about........

I really like it too and can take the frustrations.

The downer for me this last year has just been things like earthquakes and to a lesser extent floods. I'm really not too happy about them and make me question how long I am going to be here \:\(

I know what you mean though @tokyo. I know some people here (meaning Japan, not the forum) who seem to be in a constant state of anger and frustration and seem to hate Japan. I often wonder why they are here too.

As with anywhere there are things that get on your nerves here as they do in your own home city. As Yama says love it here too plenty of ups and sometimes there`s the downs. If I hated I wouldn`t be here, its a challenge and as i always say if it was easy then everyone would be doing it! Thats what makes it fun to stay!! Just nice sometimes to see if pother peole have had similar probs to your own! "Problem shared is a problem halved!"

And its good to ahve a good moan every now and then!! lol.gif As Maoriboy can attest I like a good moan over a pint sometimes too, wouldn`t be a winging pomme if I didn`T!!!

@tokyo,

Even I sometimes get angry with something living in this country entire my life being a Japanese LOL. Lots of documents and paper work required for everything and hanko!

I guess you could get nervous or frustrated when you find something goes different from the way in your country. When you relocate, it's always different the way things go, I guess.

So let's don't hold the frustration and nervousness by yourself. I guess you need to find someone to share your time and someone to talk about everything - sorry if you had already some.

Perhaps you may say this is a really Japanese way of saying which doesn't solve anything, just like 'Que sera sera'. But if nothing changes even when you try to do, you had better try another way? The very thing I worry is you may hold the stress and nervous part inside you and go psyco \:\( Stress could make you like that, I can tell because I was like that when I worried about everything in my life with stress as a banker.

I live here not by choice.

However, for only another 5 months, and if I could speak the language I would love it. The only problem I have is traffic related, such as tolls, everywhere! I hate tolls! I can drive across the US and not even see a toll booth. Thats about it though \:\)

@Tokyo,

Japan could become very frustrating if you let it and was easy to hate. The fact is, most 'hate' comes from 3 irrational reasons:

1. the fact that there is a country of 130mn people who do things the way they choose to and couldn't give a crap if it is different to the way the western world does it. Mix in spoilt and otherwise worthless expats and English teachers, give them the run of the land and add their 'I'm western so I am better' attitude and you have e whole heap of people who hate Japan. They hate because they are a confused minority that gets treated better than they deserve.

2. Standard of living: This is what made me hate. I was in serious shock after leaving Eastern suburbs Sydney and arriving in Japan (Tokyo). I couldn't fathom that life could be so horrible for so many people. It used to annoy me that they knew no better. I had visited Tokyo several times before moving there and was still not really aware of just how dreadful the standard of living is in Tokyo. I am much wiser now that I have lived there for a few years and now in London for 10 months. I now see that Quality of life is just as shite in London, just warmer houses and much more parks.

3. Stupid katakana words. Enough said ;\)

And hell, for every hater there is another sickly extreme of 'all thing Japan is amazing, I am a humble gaijin, I am more in touch with the country than any other gaijin' kind of predictable tosser who is just as irrationally annoying. One thing I never saw in Japan was balance. The Japanese were not balanced and neither were the gaijins, always extremes.

I am currently handing around Lotte gold box choco almonds that one of my Japanese friends sends me. They really are the best, and compared to the tasteless 1% cocoa 99% sugar 'chocolate' available in this culinary deplete country, they are very well received by my co-workers.

ps - go and read the takyubin thread again, I think you will find that it was highly complimentary of the service, as of most Japanese services.

yeah, an i think that's Y U C all the skiers and snowboarders assembling here.

now i'm just speaking 4 myself, but all of my stress, worries, frustrations, so-called anger, all of it, evaporates when i'm on the slopes.

peace

As a gaijin I was sadly on the hate side of the spectrum. I never really fell in love with the quality of life or the visual ugliness, but my situation was worsened by:

- a 'should have ended long ago' gaijin GF who I was stuck with for too long cause she wouldn't go home,

- the world’s most unchallenging job (my job was the equivalent of managing the risk of running out of ice in Antarctica..... Not a challenging proposition),

- the world’s most nasty boss,

- 6 months of interaction with the worlds most exasperating government regulatory body,

- a sneering little person that leached off my generosity and generated an environment that oppressed freedom of expression in return,

- a daily train ride that made me hate the essence of life itself (everyone suffers this) ;\)

Well, they are my excuses for being the worlds most miserable and negative prick. Live and learn. Having lived there once I would now love to spend 3 months a year there. I really miss the friendly peacefulness of the Japanese, even if it was often just on the surface.

Quote:
Originally posted by gamera:
No toll roads at all in the states? eek.gif
There are toll roads but very few when compared to all of the other available highways and roads. For instance if you go to a major airport, there is a very cheap toll to use their private section of interstate, or something like that. But the point is, Id enjoy Japan A LOT more if I didnt have to pay a months salary just to drive from one end to the other.

Shit yeah, some things piss me off about Japan but the same in Oz too. I try to steer clear of the gaijin folk who always semm to whinge and whine about dis and dat.

I am trying toi enjoy my life here because I am here for a long time. the short timers, if they hate the place so much why don't they just **** off?

Surf sucks here though mad.gif

34 you know the rules mate, no silver bellies... they will drag you down!