thanks for the pics ebc. I know someone got hurt, but I still appreciate your shots. the thread about the broken nose died some time ago. we're on page 3 (or 4) now, which means the point has been made and the arguments are brewing. (which is why I rarely read beyond page 1)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy, i don't know whether i wanna laugh or cry...

I just ordered some books on amazon.jp. If you have some free time on your hands now we can do a book swap or something. I'm getting the Mars trilogy, Collapse by jared Diamond (have you read Gun, Germs and Steel? Amazing book) and The sacred Balance by David Suzuki.

I also have some other stuff like old copies of Adbusters and Ike! Ina-chu Takyu-bu if you are interested.

or anyone else, for that matter...

nothing wrong with FTs spelling there EBC.

swaping: the action of swatting away flies with one hand while wiping your arse with the other. ( a skill highly valued in the Aussie outback)

It seems FT has added another action to it by doing the swatting with a book you are reading on the dunny (toilet). Multitasking!

Hey I'm reading Guns, Germs and Steel right now. I'm about 2/3 through. Had to take a break for bit but am back on top of it

Fubuki_3.jpg?

Not to keep beating the dog but...

Why exactly did you guys want to ski this line?

Just seems like there are so many other better runs out there

And is the dreaded waterfall on that picture?

>Not to keep beating the dog but...

Why exactly did you guys want to ski this line?

...well AK heard there was this sick waterfall gap jump down there, so we went to jump the gap :rolleyes:

we skied the chute off the middle ridge, then down the middle gully where the shadow and sun meet. i'll get photoshop going and draw some lines and show you where the waterfall is etc.

next time, i'll drop the same chute area, cross the flats and drop the longer chute at the same aspect on the lowest ridge, when the conditions are right thumbsup.gif the exit out of there is shorter in terms of being in danger, but still pretty gnarly, in fact the exits all over happo have terrain traps etc. i guess the south faces are an early morning thing.... but yeh the gullies down there are gnar.

good i'm glad you don't know what to say, because seriously dude we've been over this, i don't need a lecture over the internet thanks.... 6 people were there, not just me. there are dams all over happo. everyone's already said mistakes were made, it's over and you learn from them, AK got hurt but no one died. i'm not talking about this anymore on here.

Hey I've kept quiet all through this EBC

I've made loads of mistakes in the backcountry

Loads upon loads upon loads

Live and learn

Live to ski another day

Of course by creating a trip report on a public forum you are inviting criticism ;\)