• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avalanches Kagura summit is prone to them.

Also my feeling is that they get a lot of business for backcountry tours that first take on kagura. There is a sign near the top saying it is an avalanche area and something about BC but I cant make it out.

They are waiting till the snow rounds/melts a bit and freezes to provide a firm base, also if there is an avalanche it breaks up the snow layers so it is less prone to sliding in the future.

You are pretty close YellowSnow.

There was an avie last Sunday close to the summit. It is the exact area that gets all the traffic after they open the top lift.

I don’t think that 2 weeks till next weekend is enough time to bond that week layer with the rest of the snowpack. There are still quite a few places that haven’t slid on that slope and just wait for someone with bad timing.

SKI/brit-gob It is an avalanche warning but I would like to know the details, Its not just a simple sign it has quite a lot of text spanning 2 signs in red yellow and black.

In places like Naeba where it is an Avalanche warning it says in English you should be careful about Noise.

I am wondering exactly because I want to know if there is an exit back onto the main gelende so I dont have to hike back up the hill.

There is an exit from the bottom of the 5-romance lift, check the image pump version of the kagura slopes map.

http://www.princehotels.co.jp/ski/kagura/imagepump.html

But this year there is not enough snow and it sucks! Its full of branches and low bushes and is a pain in the ass to go through there. I sometimes prefer to hike up the few meters from the bottom of the 5-roma buck up to the top of 1-koshoku lift. The other way around were that small black arrow points, from the top of 1-ko towards the 5-roma bottom.