I was reading another thread where this was mentioned:

Quote:
if you are female, you must wear excessive amouts of makeup, and stop at least twice a run to check it and fix it
So true!

What is it with hitting the slopes all made up? The nanpa the reason for going out there rather than the skiing or boarding?

Oh yeah, I far prefer style-less low maintenance granola posers any day. . .

I am obviously missing something here. Exactly why am I supposed to have a problem with ladies looking their best on the slopes?

A beautiful woman on skiis is just about the sexiest thing on this rock to me. And she's a perfect ten if said beauty on skiis can keep up with me. That's how I knew I had found "the one."

I know a stylish woman - you know late 30's head turner - who rips it (skiing since 3yrs).

She wouldn't leave her room if she wasn't made up.

AND she just wants to ski hard.

Makeup is just part of some peoples daily bits & pieces. \:\)

most beautiful women are beautiful without makeup IMO - especially first thing in the morning.

I'd leave my girl on the lift or at the bathroom at the resort if she had to go keep checking her makeup :rolleyes:

As somebody else said, Id much rather see her face covered in snow than in makeup \:\)

Many Japanese girls are obsessed with the sun radiation on their skin (they think it will make their skin age faster) and use make up as a sun protection cream. I'm not saying all of them do it for this reason, but anyway, this is another possible explanation.

thumbsdown.gif

If they wanna wear it then that's fine (although I prefer women without makeup generally), but when they start stopping all the time to check and apply, that gives me the shits. I'd leave em behind too if they did that while I was out boarding with them. It says a real lot about what they are out there for I reckon. Not primarily to enjoy the snow and outdoors.

since you boys know all about make up, i'd like to offer some input from the girls camp. i get up every morning and put make up on no matter what i'm doing, i'm not talking lots of make up - it's just a routine like snobee said, it wouldn't matter if i was going to work, or going skiing. my foundation contains SPFs too. i don't however, take make up to the mountain and re-apply... are you kidding? the only thing i might have with me is some lipbalm with sunscreen in it. and i didn't take a single piece of anything you could vaguely describe as make up to tateyama.

EBC, can you buy special makeup for icy-cold conditions? Are girls worried their eyeliner or lipstick might freeze on their face? Could it add to wind-chill? Or does it keep your face warmer?

So many questions!

yes chanel have a new mountain range out these days especially for ski/boarder chicks who want to look their best every second on the mountain, and it doesn't freeze on your face lol :p

freeze on their face?!! HA! does it keep your face warmer? i don't think so hahaha. what the hell?!

i have waterproof mascara, that's about as far as i take the make up on the mountain shenanigans

It seems to me that Japan is about presentation i.e. showing on the outside what is not on the inside. Maybe some people are so insecure they need make up! Maybe it is just habit, and maybe we shouldn't judge what other people do! It is, of course, their face!!

Lastly I am not saying that people who wear make up are insecure! Please do not take offence ladies! I think women without make up look better. A lot of guys seem to agree on that!!

I'm happy to take women as I find them. I know some very attractive women who fairly plaster on the makeup and some who don't.

When I first rolled up to a Japanese resort and found myself surrounded by carefully groomed women on skids, I whooped for joy. Each to their own I suppose.