Blue skies over Hakuba as well, but I don't like what I'm seeing at Sun Alpina. It's just grass there, looking out from the webcam. If they don't get major snow soon, looks like I won't be skiing there.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ants are out in force at Kiroro as usual but at Hakuba, my plans for doing Sun Alpina and Iwatake do not appear to be hopeful. However, I can see some nice moguls beginning to form on that Happo slope. At least there's a little good news for me.

Thanks Thursday. I was packing last night and filled a whole hockey bag with stuff, weighing a ton. The only thing in that bag that was mine, however, was a pair of ski-boots. I remember last time I was in Hakuba I said to myself "Wouldn't it be nice to travel light next time?" and so I left my skis with Fattwins. Good thing I did, but travelling light was just wishful thinking! At least we have a coach direct from Narita to Fatty's place so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Forecast is for snow over the weekend and as I've said many times before, I am still hoping to do Sun Alpina, but that's not very likely.

Have fun in Niseko too! I am brushing up on my Japanese now. Remember to brush up on your Australian too, for Niseko. Fair dinkum?