just like in all my vacations, i prefer to have everything planned, reserved, confirmed, etc. in advance - so at this time im already considering finalizing my ski trip to some resort in hokkaido. preferably in january, and in furano...

however, i would also like to avoid the crowd...

so, when is the best time to go to furano to at least enjoy a reasonable of powder?

im thinking of at the first week of january - say for a week?

thoughts?

thanks in advanced!

okay - since ive been already making some checks from the 3rd up until the 8th (arrive back at tokyo on that day)

another question that i have is what would be the cheapest option... should i book things separately, like accomodations through SJ, then air tickets separately, lift tickets through special discounts at the lodge themselves? or, go through some all-in-all tours (i have no problem with nihongo, so i can opt for any tour package out there)?

as an additional inquiry, are the accomodations (like those advertised here at SJ) have a much higher average, well, mainly due to the english-speaking premium? or they're pretty much the same?

thanks!

okay - i guess ive been away too much that i cant pick up the nuances of the english language... hehehe...

so, is it a good idea to go to Furano (it seems that most SJ's are not a fan of this resort - if not, which one?) around january 3 to 8, 2007...?

thanks!!! *head whirling and whirling*

"it seems that most SJ's are not a fan of this resort"

I wasn't under that impression. I think Niseko's the place people like to dis. I've never been to Furano in winter but I hear it's good. Not quite as much snow as Niseko but colder with some good back country and less people. It must be steeper too. I've heard you can ski down the back face and take a dip in a hotspring half way down.