Yes I can see that your life is stressful

Can't find a backcountry lodge that is not booked

I want to help you out if you don't find a place to go. This year is very busy for me especially starting in February for 3 months while I am on my practicum

But I do get 2 weeks over Spring Break I think

I hope you can get in off the waiting list. Those usually work out.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fly into Vancouver or Toronto

You can then conect into Calgary. It's probably best and most reliable. But then you'd have to rent a car and drive for about 3-4 hours

Cranbrook also has an airport and is the largest town in the area

Or you could rent a car and drive to Kimberly from Vancouver. See a bit of the country. Take about 10-12 hours in the winter.

So Calgary is the best international airport? I can get direct flights to there which is good.

I really don't want to rent a car to ultimately reach Kimberly as it will sit there unused for over a week. And sadly I don't have spare time to traverse the great nation of Canadia.

How do I get from Cranbook to Kimberly?

there might even be a direct bus to kimberly. the resort will have info on getting there. there are a few options for a bus from cow town, one is not very direct and could take a long time. fast is about 5hr, slow is 11hrs. it is also hard to get to the calgary greyhound station from the airport. taxi is the best but expensive option. fly into cranbrook and take the local transport in.

db le pu,

i am from Cranbrook, and i grew up on Kimberly.

Cranbrook is by far the closest airport, and is midway between Kimberly and Cranbrook. Its about 15 minutes from the airport to either town. You can fly into it from either Calgary or Vancouver.

The resort is also called Kimberly. Lately, the snow hasnt been spectacular, but its a nice enough hill. Another good hill about an hour and a half away is Fernie. And Panorama is perhaps 2 hours away.

Quote:
Originally posted by ger:
question.gif Has anybody been to Mt. Cain on Vancouver Island? I'm heading to SW BC next March and my friends in Victoria are trying to convince me to go there for a couple of days instead of Whistler. question.gif
Never been but I hear it snows a lot

whistler is a gong show.

if you like backcountry go to mt cain. i've never been, but i have seen the pics, and a friend (the best telli skier i have ever met, and possibly one of the best skiers outright i have ever met)has been. he claims it to be the best place ever.

if you like to jib don't bother.

never been to Cain either , but I hear its pretty frickin eh... I have been to mt washington witch is pretty close to Cain - between it and vic and while i have never hit it when it was firing, it has crazy potential if you get it fresh. there some loooooong out of bounds tree runs there if its not so fresh.

but i still dont think either stack to whis' when its on....buuuut if I was you and knowing what i do....I'd go interior for the selkirk silk. you cant beat it. and I got a call yesterday saying its armpits right now!

Quote:
Originally posted by Oyuki kigan:
db le pu,

i am from Cranbrook, and i grew up on Kimberly.

Cranbrook is by far the closest airport, and is midway between Kimberly and Cranbrook. Its about 15 minutes from the airport to either town. You can fly into it from either Calgary or Vancouver.
thanks Oyuki. I have a spare day at each end of my trip so will likely ride around the resort on both of them.

And fly into Cranbrook. The trip from Calgary can be a horror, if the roads close. We had to detour through Banff one year on a coach, with an 18 month-old child in our group - 8 hour trip from Calgary! eek.gif

Beanie, yep its for my CAA1, all back country based which is great: no resort, no town. Just a remote mountain hut for 7 days.

Aftre the course do you wanna swing by and met up for two days of touring? It would be a Monday and Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally posted by db le pu:
Beanie, yep its for my CAA1, all back country based which is great: no resort, no town. Just a remote mountain hut for 7 days.

Aftre the course do you wanna swing by and met up for two days of touring? It would be a Monday and Tuesday.
When are we talking here?