Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
nice writing and by the time you come back ill have the lines that you want sorted
And I hope by that time we'll also both be experienced enough to drop into some really hairy stuff
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

toque,

you say you are doing your teacher's degree and possibly in south east BC, do you mean at Selkirk College? if so, SWEET! Kooteney pass is where it's at mang. have you already gotten in? good luck.

Quote:
Originally posted by daver:
toque,
you say you are doing your teacher's degree and possibly in south east BC, do you mean at Selkirk College? if so, SWEET! Kooteney pass is where it's at mang. have you already gotten in? good luck.
UBC runs a teaching certificate program through Selkirk college at the Castelgar campus. I havn't found out if I've been accepted into it yet. Hopefully in the next week or two

I have been accepted into SFU's program though

If I get into Selkirk I'll probably take that option as then I can make contacts out there and hopefully get a teaching job after

right on man. good luck with it. i'm thinking about applying to the same programme. just curious, did SFU and UBC take your teaching experience here in japan into consideration? i know that back in ontario it counts for squat. which is sad.

on another note, have you ever been to the selkirks? if you get in are you planning on living in castelgar? or is it feasable for you to live in the much more fun and happy/hippy town of nelson?

Reading that makes it sound like you've had a great life man, good motivator, good role model. Lets share some couloir time in the future.

(ps - I didn't know that it was you that I shared the room with one night in Niseko. Remember when I slept on the floor and kept asking in the morning if there was a brothel in town?)

Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:
Reading that makes it sound like you've had a great life man, good motivator, good role model. Lets share some couloir time in the future.

(ps - I didn't know that it was you that I shared the room with one night in Niseko. Remember when I slept on the floor and kept asking in the morning if there was a brothel in town?)

We definitly have to hook up for some couloir time. Let me know if you get over to my side of the pond.

You serious?
I knew it was you but in that I'm a dork that you sometimes talk to on the internet thing didn't say anything
 Quote:
Originally posted by daver:
right on man. good luck with it. i'm thinking about applying to the same programme. just curious, did SFU and UBC take your teaching experience here in japan into consideration? i know that back in ontario it counts for squat. which is sad.

on another note, have you ever been to the selkirks? if you get in are you planning on living in castelgar? or is it feasable for you to live in the much more fun and happy/hippy town of nelson?
I don't have any other teaching experience and they want you to have a tonne if they accept you. So I guess they did take me being an ALT for 3 years as experience. For SFU I was only on the wait list though and just recently got accepted. So maybe they don't rate it as highly

I'll probably be living in Castlegar at first if I go to Selkirk. I know it's kind of a hole but that's where classes are.
I'd really like to live in Rossland. I love that town. Nelsen would be cool as well. I could do the hippy thing.
 Quote:
Originally posted by farquah:
Good luck mate, never managed to meet you but always enjoyed the read and the banter. Back home for the "green Ba*tard"!! Enjoy it.
I can't wait to be able to watch TPB regularly

Good Luck Toque! Hope you still get the time to post lots on here.

Daver, a friend of mine went back to the UK to get her teaching licence after teaching in Japan and while it didn't count for anything on the course she was able to start her first job a couple of grades higher on the pay scale. Don't know if that would apply to Canada.

Yo Toque, was great having you on the forum. Thanks for all the pics, journals, controvertial opinions and humour . Looking forward to hearing about your Canadian adventures back on this very forum next year. Take it easy dude. thumbsup.gif

Nice read Toque. Your Dad sounds like a good guy getting you out in the montains early-I have the same secret plan for my girls actually. Cheers for the one and only(sort hike though it was) backcountry trip I did this season. Good luck with the studies and the "real" teaching mate.