Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
The new Fall Line comes out this Fri Dizzy thumbsup.gif
really? Stoked! Did they have one last year? I kept looking but never found one in the big book stores. Sweeeeeet!

There's another ski rag, i forget the name, but not Bravo, that has a full magazine insert with some great color shots. hafta check the bookstore again and get it.
  • Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(said with solemn intonation) i'd rather be in the back country mate. *sigh*

if you know of a snowboard mag that has bc features, let me know. it's all about Coulior and FALL LINE. blame FT and my Japanese teacher for this!

• 2 weeks later...

very nice little line.

Toque on a side note Andrew maclean (spelling) and his mates just had a very close call in New Zealand. We almost lost another ski mountaineer this year. Skoog, Coombs, and then almost the biggest name almost gets smacked.

You will probably be waiting until spring for that one. What looks like my main BC ski partner has to learn how to ski

Enough snow for sure although don't need very much as the rocks in in the guts look pretty small.

I can't tell how tall it is as Resource Canada really ****ed up the maps when they switched over to metric.

The summit is 2600 meters just out of the photo. I'd hazard a guess at 200 meters

• 5 weeks later...

How about these:

The NE Face of the Lenzspitze

grtwht31.jpg

grtwht33.jpg

"The epic Macugnaga Face of the Monte Rosa, the "greatest sheer face in the Alps." The descent starts skiers right of the triangular peak (the Zumsteinspitze) just left of the center of the photo. Drop in, don't fall, stair step angling left until you reach the Marinelli Couloir. The Marinelli is the longest couloir in the Alps"

Source site & credits:

http://www.telemarktips.com/FSgrtwht3.html

SerreChe, we are equally disturbed at the same time. I get up today and see your post here. Just last night I was lying in bed reading "The Alpine 4000m Peaks by the Classic Routes".... scouring for adventure. I have a casual plan to climb and ride three 4000m+ peaks each year. I've been up three and ridden two. Depending on one's definition, there are 32, and some aren't exactly within reach of my abilities (or rideable at all). So the list of 32 slims down pretty quickly.

Anyway, I agree that Lenzspitze (4294m) that you pictured is very attractive. Its one huge ice face.

I choose the NE face of the Weisshorn (4505m) to be the most attractively difficult death trap. Look at that hanging glacier ready to drop something down your line.

Riding the big peaks is one thing, but picking the most attractive/difficult line is an exponential addition of risk and effort. Why not just ride down the easy way?

weisshorn-2.jpg

Another view (It isn't the Matterhorn)

The%20stunningly%20beautiful%20Weisshorn

Spud, I am always disturbed! ;\)

That is a kick-ass looking mountain & sick-looking line . I do not think that it is ridden very often. That line needs to be filled-out a lot more than I can see from the picture you posted for it to be feasible. If it is filled but icy you shouldn't do it on a board for sure but on skis for edge control. If it is nice and fluffy conditions out there then it should be great but challenging on a board (hope it does not slide too often), something to talk about to your grandchildren. I guess this is the kind of line that has the potential to turn your legs into water at the top and make you turn around. The top section looks like really really steep (65+?) and the length and vert of that line are impressive. That hanging glacier is menacing for sure, I guess that comes with the territory on many of the alps' 4000. I am curious and will do a search to see how often that line is done.

The route has a 1900m ascent over 2 days on exposed terrain.

The descent has 1000m vert at an average of 49. (Average!). Not sure what the pitch of the top section is though, curious about that.

The route is ED, the ski is S6.

This is done rarely and only in good condtions.

Have not heard of a boarder doing it, will check further, sure somebody must have boarded it before.

Sounds like you need to be seriously prepared to do it.

Good news is, it's not ABO S7 ! ;\)