Lots of us have already had the last run (some quite a while ago), was just wondering if anyone had anything special to do on the last run of the season.

A Japanese friend of mine told me he ate some of the snow before leaving, which I thought was pretty weird.

never say 'last run' - you'll jinx yourself and get injured. I always say '2 more runs' and then decide to quit early :p

but that's just for a normal day on the slopes. For the final run on the final day, well, I never know it's the final day so I don't do anything special.

Quote:
Originally posted by JellyBelly:
was just wondering if anyone had anything special to do on the last run of the season.
Sorry, I know its bad taste, but I couldn't help myself....

My last run 2 days ago:

le%20spud_10.jpg

A bit one with a jishin kumo in the sky as well.

I always seem to have "1 more" (a few times) unless the lifts just close on me. Usually my legs are really tired by then.

Quote:
Originally posted by 69:
Which mountain is that le spud?
69, the peak is called ‘les Courtes’ and it is one of the peaks that make up the north wall of the Argentiere basin in the Mont Blanc massif. I wrote too much about it in my Chamonix TR thread.
 Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:
 Quote:
Originally posted by JellyBelly:
was just wondering if anyone had anything special to do on the last run of the season.
Sorry, I know its bad taste, but I couldn't help myself....

My last run 2 days ago:

le%20spud_10.jpg
:D for a moment i got the top and bottom confused, but then i saw your explanation, thanks

I agree with Kumas first post. I really like Last Run Syndrome and usually try to go balls to the wall.

My last run this year, technically, was when we caused the avie to go but I use those last 3 days as my last runs because those were some nice snow days. Loved my finish this year though I was bummed not to make it out for some more BC lines this Spring \:\(

Soubriquet is French for "nickname". It might also mean congenital smartarse too moon1.gif

Curious thing, life. My profession took me to Western Australia, which is probably as far as you can get from mountains and snow. I nearly cracked it with a transfer to Canberra, but my ex-wife forced us back to Perth. When she left, I lost my family, home and career. Then quite by accident, in Bali I met a girl from Yamagata kiss5.gif

It's never too late to achieve your ambitions, as long as you don't give up.

Quote:
Originally posted by fukdane:
 Quote:
Can't beat an ebisu in an onsen!
A Guinness beats that \:\)
Beer sure does taste good after a day on the slopes hey.
A Guinness only beats that if it too is in an onsen! ;\) Liquid gold!