• SnowJapan Moderator

Thank you for all the Questionnaires that you have sent in over the last few weeks - there have been a lot of helpful comments. We really appreciate it. (And if you haven't filled out the Questionnaire yet, you can find it here .

One thing that we are considering doing soon is to increase the number of sections to the Forums. While the consensus so far seems to be that it is not a good idea to break things up too much, the Forums might benefit from being split up more than they are now.

At the moment of course it is:

SNOW TALK

OFF TOPIC

AVALANCHE & BACKCOUNTRY

CLASSIFIEDS

We are very keen to hear peoples thoughts on this and what you think might be a good way to do this. (We're not talking about the software and functionality of the software here, just the names of the sections).

If you have any comments, post them here!

Many thanks

I think a Niseko section would be better than a travel section

Keeps all the info together

And while there arn't any annoying questions about that place right now we all know that they will be back again next fall asking if they can buy alcohol in Niseko

Other than that I think it's good the way it is

Just Niseko? Or other regions too? Maybe Hokkaido, Nagano, Niigata or something?

I not sure I think thats a good idea.

Perhaps a Niseko (or Hokkaido) section, but I think it's going to start getting complicated if you also separated Nagano and Niigata. I don't know if it's such a good idea to split up ski resorts. Maybe it would be better to have say Niseko First Time Questions or Hokkaido First Time Questions, or just Resort First time Questions or something like that so that all those kinds of posts can get put in that one area, but leaving other stuff related to those areas in a more general section, for instance. Probably the names I used aren't the best, but I think you get the gist of what i'm saying.

I think a separate Snow in Japan thread section too, hehehe..

Next question - SJ why do you want to add more sections? Cos of lots of more expected first timers with questions?

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks for the ideas so far.

Sunrise, apart from us having thought about this on and off for a year or so already, quite a few people who wrote comments in the SJ questionnaire have themselves suggested it.... so it seems to be something that more than a few people think is a good idea. Obviously there's a lot of posts on the Forums now (thanks! ;\) ), but whether it is a good idea to split things up more is a ???

We're still in the "thinking about it" stage though - we just posted this thread to see what the people who post on here and use the Forums every day think.

One thing for sure is that we do not want to suddenly have a Forums that is split up too much...

Thanks

this forum is one of the worst I have been on in terms of having to weed out the 'grain from the chaff' especially in the snow talk section.

A gear section is most definitely needed.

The old off season subforum was a good idea, it was shame to see go, whether or not it was hugely popular didnt matter because it contained all the relevant and useful information in one place.

Another one worthwhile would be a 'advice/resort question' forum where all the recurring 'I am coming to Japan please advise 'orientated stuff could go. This could be Toques Niseko forum wink1.gif

there go three meritorious new subforums.

You should have a poll and let all the punters declare whats worthwhile or not.