it is presently being discussed in a thread on how much, on average, we have already spent in this season...

for me, i have already spent between 300,000 and 400,000 (maybe approaching half-a-million). however, since i just started this season, this includes new gear (wear, boots, skis, goggles, etc.), as well as lots of lessons, etc; which im confident "would not be there" next season...

and, so, which brings us to - how to save?

what do you usually do? take night-trip buses? bring your own food, etc. (ski resort lunches are really expensive)? car pooling? take longer tour packages?

what are the cheaper resorts (but necessarily bad) to go to? for one, naeba is quite EXPENSIVE!!

cheers!!

;\)

I save a few man each month plus alpha \:D

I get bonuses throughout the year which I use for skiing too. Like getting an extra 6man just for going on my schools ski trip :p :p \:D \:D

carpooling works well which is what we always do and stay at a decently cheap place helps out too.

set a budget and keep a budget. that helps as well. save on wear buy buying atuff at alpen. buy last years brand names for no more than 10000 an item. Find a way to car pool or stick to the bus package deals. a car opens doors to other ski areas but.... for someone that wants to do ski levels i dont think you need to ski too many different ski areas.

Try doing the 500 yen coin bank savings plan. Throughout the year I put my 500 yen coins in one of those piggy banks that cannot be opened unless you cut it with a can opener.

Then, come November or so, I open it and count it all. These days, I have more discipline and use an electronic coin saver that automatically counts how much you put in.

I prefer to stay at inexpensive minshuku that offer full meals, usually booking package tours. There are a lot of bargains to be found.

You can save money by taking those overnight bus tours, but most people I talk to cannot sleep well and thus do not ski/ride well the next day.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sanno:
move close to a resort will save you travel money. If you want to ski the whole season in one resort a season pass will save you some.
hhhhmmm...

i could take a month's off from work, and maybe stay in some cheap "monthly mansion" or something...

i wonder if there are some areas near ski resorts that offer accomodations for one month?

Take a certain amount out of the bank every month that you can afford and hide it immediately.

Coins - they really add up over a couple of months.

Good luck!

Quote:
Like getting an extra 6man just for going on my schools ski trip
That sure is a great bonus to get!

I just seem to spend less out of winter anyway, don't do anything special/