Fattwins just keitai mailed me, boasting that Happo has been dumped upon!

Funky late season dump it appears, no word yet from Hakuba Now! to verify this.

This weather is really topsy turvy! hot days, raining days and now a icy chilly powder dumping day! crazy!

who is going up this weekend?

Went to Goryu this morning, gondola was not available due to strong wind but tried a jumping park for the first time

gamera jump

with a son of my junior high classmate who stays in my place to take snowboard test.

I know I don't have any flexible muscles, I have very hard muscles as you notice.

What I hate is I say "Yoisho" when I ski over the hill!!!! which is a proof getting old!

\:\(

I hope no one on the lift beside the jumping park heard that Yoisho!

lol.gif

The snow condition was very nice at this time of the year as it has snowed for this a couple of days. You feel as if you progressed very much when you ski.

yes - i was there in Happo-One when it looked more like peak winter rather than early spring!

there was heaps of snow... and luckly for me, too - since i was scheduled to take the SAJ Badge tests...!!!

it was prett on that day. knee to thigh deep adn we went pretty hard. got firsts on almost everything. we missed firsts on kurobish only but we got usagi and the skyline first. toque cb and me flying down. we went so hard that day that cb had to call it quits at lunch

Quote:
Originally posted by brit-gob:
Did you pass?
yep - it was so smooth to ski, that when i took the kentei just after noon... i passed!!!

cheers!!!

PS: i guess the snow gods were smiling at me on that day...
 Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
it was prett on that day. knee to thigh deep adn we went pretty hard. got firsts on almost everything. we missed firsts on kurobish only but we got usagi and the skyline first. toque cb and me flying down. we went so hard that day that cb had to call it quits at lunch
God, for those 3-4 hours (most likely 3) we went flat out and got first tracks every line we took. That was one of the best days of my season
clap.gif \:D
 Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
> SAJ Badge tests...!!!

wanttoski, was that test so you could get a job somewhere?
no - it is some kind of "level tests," just like what you find in the martial arts, ie., yello belt, green belt, blue belt, brown belt, and the black belt.

but of course, here in "certification-happy" japan - if you'd like to be a patrol you need to pass (i think) at least 1-Kyu (1st Grade) of the SAJ Badge Tests.

PS: here are the ranks:

Crown Price Badge - highest
Technical Prize Badge
1st-Kyu (1st Grade)
2nd-Kyu
3rd-Kyu
4th-Kyu
5th-Kyu - lowest (the only requirement here is that you can safely get down in a beginners' piste)
 Quote:
Originally posted by WantToSki:

but of course, here in "certification-happy" japan - if you'd like to be a patrol you need to pass (i think) at least 1-Kyu (1st Grade) of the SAJ Badge Tests.
And you want to be a patroller?