I'm speechless. Some words for heavy snow please

Myself and a friend (who promises to stop lurking and reveal himself on here soon) went to Iwappara this afternoon and early evening.

The snow was frankly dreadful. I need to know some more words to describe bad snow. (Just for the laughs you see...!)

The best I can come up with was - it was really really heavy. And crusty. It really gave my legs a workout - almost hard to turn it was so hard. It was like treacle or something.

Some words please.....

Clag is a real word. It describes the clay that sticks to your boots when follow the plough. Four letters, so it's probably Anglo-Saxon.

Ocean, you need to get your board waxed. And *YOU NEED TO TAKE YOUR BOY TO THE MOUNTAINS AND TEACH HIM HOW TO SLIDE*.

soubs, I always had my board waxed, but there were days when the clag sucked on it however smooth it was. I remember a day at Echo Valley where the snow turned almost in a moment.

As to teaching my boy how to slide, I think we'll probably go the wheeled route with a camping trip to a mountainboarding place soon. He already has a mountainboard. Shikoku is no location for snow sliding on a low energy budget.

"bolier-plate", for when it's hard and icy, a word used to describe piste conditions often seen in Scotland. Hardy buggers Scottish skiers, often seen tramping across heather with their skis on to get to the next patch of snow.

two weekends ago I went to Nozawa Onsen. Saturday was lovely with low temperatures and snow all day, and sunday morning was good.

I made a mistake and thought that because the snow high up sunday morning was nice, that when I came down in the afternoon the low powder would be a good ride. I popped under the lift at the race courses on the side (kita no nyuu? pair lift) because the powder on the way up looked untouched: no wonder! It felt like riding mercury or some other heavy liquid; sticking easy and each turn felt like I was riding a bowl of marbels or something. Egads! Still, left some nice tracks ;\)

Yeah that is a good one! Never heard that.

It looks like there'll be lots of not particularly well mashed potatoes out there today - rain this morning again. \:\(

Thanks for the posts peeps.

• 2 weeks later...