Is it common for ski resorts in Japan to use T-bar lifts?

I'm starting boarder and in place where i live(Yuzhno, Sakhalin) there are 2 ski slopes and on both only T-bar is udsd. I should say it's such pain in the ass & I still can't use it \:\(

So does this awful lifts still exist in Japan or it's only in the Far East Russia? \:\)

Many T-bars are in Euro/North America, but less in Japan.

T-bar system is strong for wind, so is better at open terains such as ice fields, glaciers and over the timberline. Also, it is strong for high snowpile. Chair-lift system sometimes has to be stopped by strong wind or high snowpile. I guess construction cost of T-bar is cheaper. Yes, it is difficult for beginners to ride T-bars.

It is ski company's decision which they choose...

Drag lifts are indeed a god send in windy conditions.

Japanese chairlifts are not nearly high enough, I will assume it was poor planning or a misplaced sense of abunai? European chairlifts are very high, much higher off the ground than the minimal snow pack depth requires.

As a boarder I find it frustrating in Europe to be forced to use drag lifts if I want to access certain parts of the mountain. Too many drag lifts puts me off a resort. But if the main aim is hiking and not lift riding, whats it matter? (there are many days when a day lift pass is used to ride up the mountain once and then no more lifts for the rest of the day).

I took my JGF on a t-bar for the first time last week. It was the biggest gambatte effort on her behalf. She made it to the top and I was happy.

On a recent visit to Suisse I was pleased to see some t-bars had been replaced with chairlifts. Some of which were the most ultra modern lifts I had ever seen.

Just looked up this t-bar thing. Ya...I never heard of it until know. I've only seen rope tow, chair lifts, and gondola.

I'm curious to know, is a rope tow even manufactured? I've only seen crude examples that were made by whatever handy man working at the resort. Always at the top, there was a car wheel that accepted the rope.

Ropes, T-bars or Pomma lifts cant say I've seen any here in Japan. They do have there place, although they can be difficult to ride. Most are in Europe cant say i've seen one in the States at recently.

Never seen a T-bar in Japan yet. There's at least one rope tow on Niseko - near the top on Hirafu/Hanazono. It's Satan's very own creation - replete with floppy red donkey d1ck handles to grab ahold of.

Lake Louise near Banff put me off with the abundance of T-bars. Most of the good upper terrain is only accessible by T-bar...

Yes, it's better than walking but I still walk as for me it’s really difficult to use.

Once I did it with skier and it was not so bad. I managed to go on very top, though skier should be strong & very reliable. ;\)

But recently I’ve tried it once again this time by myself, and the end was unsuccessful, I fell down and ripped trousers between my legs – that was embarrassing shifty.gif

Svetik_2.jpg