Nice Dizzy. My guess on the Burton is late 80s. "Hot Boards" brand was also popular in those days (at least in France, was just talking with a friend about it the other day).

I still have an old cruzer from early 80s, I'll have to take a pic next time I go back home (after peeling off some shamefull stickers!)

Can you see the pictures now? I uploaded the images again...

i don't see it as a vintage item, sb, but i could see it mounted on a wall above a fireplace.

it was a hand-me-down from my brother. he used it for 2 or 3 seasons before giving it to me so i guess it dates from 89? 90?. SC, anyone else got pics of their early equipmnet?

pretty funny to look at for old time's sake. love the fluorescent colors!! still see peeps on the slopes here with the same colored jackets! \:D

yeah, that was weird, i could see them at home, but not at work as well.

great, i've learned not to post pictures from blogs or online photo albums on the forums

SJ, is there anything to this?

i just edited the post and put it up through the photo gallery-thanx baked beans

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzy:
love the fluorescent colors!! still see peeps on the slopes here with the same colored jackets! \:D
So true! My dad has a fantastic ski jacket (circa 1984) which he refuses to part with - fluoro orange, blue and green stripes. He maintains that if he ever gets injured/lost in the snow, he'll be easy to spot in the jacket. lol.gif

i assume your dad skis in Oz, nicole...?

but if you did in in some places in japan, even today, you'd stick out like a green tree in a forest

my dad used these ugly leather ski boots for close to 30 years. they'd leak and by lunch time, his feet would be wet. but he's always said that his skis were easy to find near restaurants..the only skis w/ bindings to fit leather boots eek.gif

Hehe. I'm pretty sure they do it on purpose, just to be embarrassing. I haven't been skiing with my parents in years but I do recall my father looking and acting like a total clown.

Most notable was his complete disregard for safety - if he saw one of us kids on the slopes he would purposely crash into us and try and roll us down the hill. People would just stand there looking at us like we were insane.

Ahh, good times.