Quote:
Originally posted by blinkin'ek:
It doesn't look that busy.

Did you have your first skijo kare-raisu of the season as well? ;\)
It was quite busy but not as bad as first feared. No problems on the runs with the "Kawaii" locals sitting around everywhere as can sometimes happen!.

Spagetti Borognese fan me-self which altho' was over-sweet it tasted supersweet cos it was first day!. Missus had kare-raisu which in a "bikkuri shite" moment actually had meat in it.

Ahhhh, off to rest my first day boarding stiffness hangover. Uploaded some photos, sorry for the poor quality.
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up there with the Montoya`s yesterday. Thanks to the guys I had a great time.

The main Gelende was a bit busy, and all the fresh snow was gone. We hiked up the top though and went down the course under the Kagura #5 romance car. The snow was still a bit heavy, nevertheless I had my first pow-lines for this season!

clap.gif

not much going on there, still need another storm or two. only pics I have are of the mrs. and I practicing with the beacons and checking out the snowpack - which looks pretty solid btw (no depth hoar, rain crusts, etc).

gamanshitene ashitakara kuruyo (don't worry (have patience) it's (the snow) coming tomorrow \:\) English sounds a bit harder than the Japanese that's why I replied in Japanese

• SnowJapan Admin

Just kidding! I've been in Yuzawa for about 15 years now, and so I'm fairly used to the fact that we usually get some snowfall early on - sometimes as much as 30cm or so - then it all sadly melts before the snow arrives that really sticks. The question is when does the first real dump arrive - the one that sticks around! Hopefully soon.