• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Quick Reply is nice, especially when one's 'broadband' is about as broad as a poxed up urethra (sorry, I'm drunk at the moment).

Like db says, no colours would be best. I don't like these yellow bands at all, especially next to the blue. And although I have nobody looking over my shoulder, I think it would be easier for people at work.

The Full Reply Form button is now for people who just can't help themselves and really need to lol.

• SnowJapan Admin

The yellow bands have been with us since early on, and seems they're going to stay - most people seem to like them. They work better than any other colour we have tried. It seems that what we have ended up with eventually is pretty similar to what we had before.

Still considering the bright green / purple / yellow combo though. \:D

Can you fix my post count please? I have NOT posted 7035 messages on this forum. That's a mistake.

And the harsh blue border could definitely go...

(I'm training to become a politician by saying the same thing over and over again. Nobody can say I'm not 'on message'.)

And the harsh blue border could definitely go...

(nobody could say I'm sober either)

Yes, agree on the thick heavy blue boarder. It is way too boxy and dominating. If you have obvious banding (which is here to stay) then you probably don't need heavy boarders as well.

In terms of colour schemes I bet we end up almost where we were to start with ;\)

Quick reply is a good improvement.

I would like some good old cyan, the backbone of early computing blue shades.

For an example of snow-like colours, take a look at any bit of Apple hardware. I am a bit of a minimalist (except for Fattwins' earwig bug avatar).

oh well, might as put in my two yen.

*I would move decrease the font size of the links at the top of the page (SnowJapan.Com Central: Features, etc). or take it off.

*right now the thread titles start 1/2 down the page, since there is alot of stuff above it.

maybe move the "recent visitors" box to the bottom of the screen (if you really want to see, you can scroll down).

*change the blue-border of the tables to 1-pixel width

Listen to Montoya, he is clever. Don't listen to Merry, GG or Nag. ;\)

The thick boarder looks like something I would have put on my school project on national flags when I was 10 years old. I was quite proud of my Faber Castle colouring-in texta pens and would use them as often as possible.

• SnowJapan Admin

montoya - thanks. The links at the top stay... they get used a lot by many users and are important, but we will make them smaller, good idea.

Other points, thanks - will how do you say kento shimasu.

;\)

wow, that was fast..

if you want more feedback/nit-picking, right now the "Last Post" column seems to take alot of space. Might be worth it to experiment making it more compact, for example:

13 Jan 2005 02:08AM (muikabochi)

Just want to comment and say thanks about the incredible way this site evolves and the improvements they come up with all the time. I can't think of another big website that would be anything like as responsive as these guys seem to be. Bravo. clap.gif

(I preferred the thicker border actually) ;\)

The thin boarder looks way better.

Forget the Dido, I recon you should pipe in some good Yuzawa chairlift J-pop tunes. That would define and set the atmosphere as Japan's premier snow site better than anything.

Quote:
Originally posted by veronica:
Oh yeah, and I don't like Dido.

(Whats with that anyway, Ocean11??)
What's with what anyway? Dido can be annoying I grant you, but after a skinful of shochu, Dido can be perfect too. I even listen to one of your favourite bands when I'm really slobbered.

I just wanted to see if the SJ gnomes could manage the technical wizardry behind getting a Dido track to play in like, 4 minutes (I'm timing them you see).

The thin borders are almost better than nothing.