So, Australian/NZ peeps - how's it going down there?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toque: It's early, but not super early. This time last year pretty much all the terrain was open.

FT: I think the north island got a good amount of snow, the south is still suffering. Temps have returned to a level that allows snow making though.

65cm at Thredbo overnight on friday! biggest overnight dump in Oz since 1987 apparently! then another 20cm on saturday! the other resorts did well too.

but, im very sorry to say i missed it.. \:o on wednesday, I stacked my bike & hit a wall, while avoiding an IDIOT in a huge 4wd who didnt bother indicating!! What terrible timing!! Oh well... at least I'm only bruised & nothings broken, so hopefully I'll be recovered soon & able to go this weekend, as more snow is on the way! clap.gif

theres not many good pics around... i guess everyone was too busy enjoying it... here's one anyhow

thredbo2005%20015.jpg

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
It's only been a few weeks since I was last on the snow but I've got an itch I can't scratch.
... probably the crabs that were hibernating during the winter? :p

So nice to see the snow gums again, and with all that snow too!

LPL - Coogee Beach - seeing that makes me homesick, I was brought up in Maroubra and my folks still live there. 10 min walk to the beach when I visit.

fruit gums lol.gif that's funny!

Ocean I used to think the same about seeing pine trees in the snow. Very strange after being brought up on snow gums. I still feel very wierd when I see a beach covered in snow (like in Hokkaido in the winter). That just doesn't compute for the average Australian. Beaches mean hot weather, not snow.

It always amazes me at how somewhere that gets so cold and snowy in winter gets so freakily hot and humid in summer.