• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

I`m hoping to escape the city and get up to Hakuba Friday to Monday. Is anyone going to be about and keen for some backcountry, if conditions allow?

I have got bc gear and did the REC course this year but don`t know my way round the bc at Hakuba and haven`t been up that way for a while, so I don`t know what conditions will be like out there, so it would be good to go with someone / people who know some places.

Also is this the best place to post this? I am no expert at forums...

Quote:
Originally posted by jamesybob:

Also is this the best place to post this? I am no expert at forums...
The general approach is to post a new thread asking if Niseko is any good and if there is anybody who could provide some information about (insert pension here).

I have to say that I prefer your approach though. Hopefully FT/Toque'll give you a hand.

Hi Jamesybob,

If I go it will be only Sunday but I don't think the conditions will be very good. I'm keeping an eye on the weather. Rained on monday, today and looks like rain on sat so it looks to be quite unstable methinks \:\(

Sorry I had to go out for a while there!

I did the January RAC at Evergreen. I have boarded for about ten years including three seasons in resorts riding most days, so happy on any terrain, and I like steep chutes, trees etc. and the occasional cliff. I also have no desire to get buried...

I like hiking to get to good terrain, but have not done a huge amount of backcountry as a lot of my riding was in North America so there was plenty inbounds and we rarely ventured outside that.

FT, as you will have guessed by now I will be on snowshoes. I worked in Vail and Breckenridge, and then have visited Kicking Horse a few times and liked the terrain there a lot. Did a few bc runs there which were awesome. Also spent some time in New Zealand and did a lot of hiking there, but that was mostly inbounds, bar going up Single Cone in the Remarks which was nice.

Yeah, been ok, busy as f*ck at work.. it snowed 10cm in our mountains overnight, way too early to settle though.

Went camping in our mountains a few weeks ago to check out some terrain I'm planning on getting to this winter, it's good, I'll send photos in winter. When you back to Canada?

I know about the good lines, it's the reason I'm barely on here these days, too damn painful \:\)