• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
no she wont be there she will sleep
No skiing Slow?
I'll be in Hakuba with crosscountry skiers this weekend and probably try crosscountry skiing for the first time. But I've got my ski boots, too. Just in case.
See you then. wave.gif

yeah? Sweet! I tried jacking the iso up to 1600 for some indoor handball photos. (Luckily Beanie isn't here to jump all over that last comment.) But because they are moving shots none of them really turned out. So did they come out alright?

Graduation ceremony is over! thumbsup.gif Can't wait to get home and out of this monkey suit! Unfortunately I'm gonna have to don it again tonight for the dinner with the parents...

Anyone around today?

Good stuff with the manual setting work. I am trying it all out as well at the moment ... Got any tips BP and Kuma? My D70 is going great here in Sydney at the moment though. Weather has been excellent too! Just got back from a long bushwalk around the foreshore and a well deserved swim.

only tip I have is to set it on the scene setting u want or just on 'P' and check the shutter speed & exposure. take a quick pic and check it. If it's not quite what u want dial the sp & exposure into manual and fiddle around.

if you always keep an eye on the f-stop and the shut speed you'll get a feel for what is good

yeah, what kuma said. Try it on automatic. Look at the internal indicator for what settings the camera chooses, then put it into p, s or a and fiddle aound near those settings the camera would have used. Don't do random settings, try a series in small incremental changes and see which ones you like best. You probably know that anyway... Also, bump the iso up for indoor shots. As I said it gives a nice soft glow to the picture.

The dinner with the parents was bloody painful. I sat at a table with 7 mums and had to make small talk with them for two hours. In the middle of that I had to get up with the other staff and make a speech about my memories of the past three years with the year group! Schmidt! I did that ok, and actually had everyone laughing quite a bit, so that wasn't too bad. Then came the bloody nijikai! Dammit I hate those things. More of the same BS. Oh well, part of the job (a part I could happily do without).