• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

Mid July and still skiable lines on Tsurugi near Tateyama. On my weekend I was hiking on continuous snow down to nearly 1500 metres. Amazing.

This couloir starts just before the main summit climb

blpic43698.jpg

It cleared up just a bit further down the valley so this is the top of the previous picture

blpic43699.jpg

Tsurugizawa

This is where you usually camp when climbing Tsurugi. A nice line off the summit in the back there which is at about 2800 metres. Snow went down this valley and stopped around 1800 metres. Most of the way in the narrow valley out of picture the snow was continuos and very very deep

blpic43700.jpg

I thought that it would be cool to ski off of Tsurugi next year and then traverse out this valley. Looks a wee bit challenging to get skis along this

The last day of my hike out to Keyakidaira in Toyama. This was the trail for almost 5 hours. Intense.

blpic43713.jpg

blpic43714.jpg

I thought it might make a good exit.

But when I was hiking it relized that it's quite a dangerous route. It's out now as a route.

I was glad it didn't rain as well. I wouldn't have been able to do parts of it if the rivers I had to cross were any higher

I was alone for 2 of the 3 days. Not another hiker in sight. Very remote and unmaintained area.

I did because it was a hiking trail so I was trying to go fast. If it were a rock route then I would have been planning each move but as it was a flat trail I wanted to make some distance.

Would have been nice to have somebody on the "interesting" parts but couldn't wrangle anybody into coming.

Quote:
Originally posted by montoya:
dude you and fattwins should be writing articles for the outdoors magazines like Outside, Powder, or even Yamakei. get published and get famous.
That would be cool
My writing isn't very good and I'm not so good with a camera
Maybe something in the future