Not his winter!! I will be hanging here till the season starts here. Probably head home for a visit a Xmas!! Just thought I would put up some links for those interested in travelling for winter sports.

It's interesting to note that Mt Hutt (first aus/nz place to open, often does lots of snow making) is reporting:

" Snow conditions are soft with some patches of little or no cover. "

not a good start ;\)

Good covering, but looks more like concrete!

Thanks for the links, I've checked out the Mt Mawson one already, but not the Lomond. I'll probably be heading to Mt Field I think. It's just up the road from Hobart, whereas Lomond is quite a wayz away.

To be honest, I'll be doing mostly cross-country, with some downhill thrown in where I can. If it's consistantly crap, I'll prob. just stick to winter mountaineering, I've heard they have some decent climbing...

If customs don't steal me studless, I think i'll drop in on a resort on the way back from picking up the car in Brisbane... looking good in Oz... what's the resort with the best BC, and, dare I ask, the best chance of powder?

its-a-clock: yeah, between now and early july is when the season starts. NZ is about the same.

Although aus is getting a decent start, it's nothing compared to South America.

Nieve caída en los últimos 7 días.

Snowfall in the last 7 days. 240 cms / 94.5 inches

http://www.skiportillo.com/conditions/conditions-eng.html

This is a lot by any measure \:\)