The weather that is. We took a trip into the country over the weekend (Nagano>Gifu), and it was almost cold in the evenings. Very un-tsuyu-like. Not complaining like, maybe summer's taking a break this year. Now wouldn't that be a bonus.

This is a disaster! What are you on about?! We had a miserably truncated snow season, followed by what? Valueless cold! And if the annual average temperature is more or less the same, what does that mean either for the summer, if it comes, and the winter?

Nothing to celebrate here. I'm wondering whether we're going to have buy more kerosene, at the end of June!!

mad.gif Do I look like I'm kidding?

I bought the kerosene. It was warmer two months ago. I have some very nice shirts from Bali (the expensive ones, not the cheap ones that fall to bits), and they're not getting worn at all this year.

If the cold doesn't bring snow, I have no use for it! (Hey, where can we get snow themed smilies? Anyone?)

I'm a bit puzzled why you'dz want the hot and sweaty weather to arrive Ocey, what do you get out of that, part from a sweaty spotty back.

Its a quick dash back to sunny Bristol for me when it gets too hot. Fancy coming along?

kiss.gif

Now rach, you're teasing me again. You know that's not allowed. I've asked you before, but have we been properly introduced...?

Actually, I am thinking of taking a little trip back to the ole stomping grounds. Been busy checking out FriendsReunited.com and sending out a few selected hellos. Are you registered on there?

The thing about summer is that you've got to have it, and it's not all bad. The green mountains and the fluffy clouds are quite a sight. Wine tastes better in the summer. And there's a line from a Van the Man song that stays with me through the winter months - "And all the girls go by, in all their summer fashions" That's always something to look forward to. Even spotty backs can look quite cute on the right person.

---

Looking forward to the new smilies....

Hmmm.

See your point Ocean11, but naah, cool wins out over the oppressive heat.

If I'm not mistaken, you also have the huge advantage of not living/working in the city and having to commute in a suit. Not thought of that ey?

You're working from home right O11? Big difference, mate. Like britgob says, try a 1 hour journey to work and back in the summer wearing a suit. It sucks.

> Not thought of that ey?

Oh yes I ha-ave.

When is the world going to realize that suits are a form of torture that we inflict on ourselves, and probably a huge factor in overuse of air-conditioning?

On the subject of suits, anybody notice that Troussier's "assistant" (the term "interpreter" is below him, apparently) kept wearing long light-brown boots with a dark suit? People keep saying he's a model, but aren't they supposed to know about such sartorial faux-pas? It looked worse than the Spanish manager's armpits.

You got bike clips, Miteyak? Has anyone seen any in Japan?

NoFakie, seen. I thought matey was a fashion reporter for Vogue or something, not a model. Even with the 'right' suit, those boots would be awful.

miteyak, I beg to differ on that. It is possible to look good in a suit, but if you then actually go and do something, practically anything, the effect is spoiled. The Presidents of the last two companies I worked for looked great in their suits because they did sweet FA, while everybody else just looked insanitary.