Yesterday hit up Wing Hills in Gifu.

Taught my 6 year old niece to board ( her first time) & my son wanted to have a go too. He did very good for a 21month year old! Was a big stoke to see them up and boarding \:\)

call me Oya Baka but here's a pic!

blpic33433.jpg

and I couldn't leave my niece out too!

blpic33434.jpg

great, Indosnm! i always grin ear 2 ear when i see little tykes on the slopes...reminds me of when i started skiing! i can't wait to get my nephew on the slopes, even though he's only 3 an lives in Alaska...

do Ur niece & son want 2 go back?

To be honest I had no intention of putting my son on the board this young. ( I always thought he would have his first surf b4 his first line) But seeing his niece boarding and having fun he basically pushed her off so that he could have a go.

It was as big a stoke to watch them on their first day as It was to catch my first wave.

They are keen for more so hopefully I can get them up a few more times b4 the end of the season.

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
To be honest I had no intention of putting my son on the board this young. ( I always thought he would have his first surf b4 his first line)
Really? I would have thought learning to snowboard would be substantially easier than learning to surf.
Cool pics! 21 months old that is amazing! your boy rocks!
 Quote:
Originally posted by BillTheBinMan:
I see he's got all the gear too
Yes he does but the good thing is that its that adjustable stuff that you can pull up and it will last him another year or 2 so good value. Kids stuff has become much cheaper too now which might be why there seem to be more and more kids on the slopes these days????

It's a tough thing to get used to taking kids up to the snow, because you just can't take off, but small sacrifices ( going to a not so good hill, or missing a few POW runs) is all worth it when you see them sliding down the hill. & the earlier they start the sooner they can join mum & dad on the real slopes! ( and maybe teach daddy a few things in the park too eek.gif !!!

Cool i started my daughter at 4 yrs( shes now 7 ) & she loves it we go once a week to the little place up on rokko mountain behind Kobe

& twice a month during the off season in an indoor place in kobe Keep up the good work its not a sacrifice its an investment.

hope we can hook up sometime in gifu