SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
Curt

Smartwatches

Apparently, they're the next big (or small as the case is) gadget to be pushed onto us, with Apple about to kick things up.

Can't see myself interested, considering I don't wear a watch anyway.

What you think?

Not really interested at all. Might be helpful for training but can't really see any other applications that would be helpful for me.

Haha...I guess it wasn't Apple then. It's white and looks rather old ipod Nano ish in size. Had a lot of different digital and analogue-ish time piece faces and could bluetooth this and that. Wasn't really paying too much attention. He was sure stoked about it though.

+1 has one of the fitbit ones, tells time plus a few other nifty things, such as number of steps taken, number of stairs (equivalent) climbed. Synch to iPod via bluetooth (but needs net access to initiate) and will then tell the state of your sleeping patterns as well.

I cannot see myself wearing a watch to bed, but some of the stuff is interesting. It was neat to have an indication of the distance walked when in Nepal, trekking.

I don't even have a smart phone and don't wear watches so can't see myself ever getting one.

I'm interested to see what the deal is with this, if only because I can't see myself being interested in a watch.

Don't worry folks, Apple'll tell you why you want one in about 1 weeks time.

;)

Not a fan of any watches at the moment...if I wasn't wearing a blardy watch I might not have broken my arm as the break is exactly following the line my watch took. /tanty

Actually

I like lots of clever applications in a watch, but if one of them was phone then no.

Not a fan of any watches at the moment...if I wasn't wearing a blardy watch I might not have broken my arm as the break is exactly following the line my watch took. /tanty

Actually

I like lots of clever applications in a watch, but if one of them was phone then no.

Ouch! I hope it is all better in time for next season.

• Like 1

Actually

Ouch! I hope it is all better in time for next season.

Ha ha ha! :lol:

Broke it at Mt Hotham just over 3 weeks ago...at exactly 3 weeks I rolled into Thredbo for a long weekend of snowboarding - not much slows me down Metabo. Although I'll probably still need to wear a splint in December as it won't be as strong as it was for 6 months or so apparently. :)

I go through watches like crazy.....I've had a several Rolexes, a couple Tag Heuers, three Breitling Navitimers, a bunch of Bulovas and many other assorted vintage pieces as well....

I go through watches like crazy.....I've had a several Rolexes, a couple Tag Heuers, three Breitling Navitimers, a bunch of Bulovas and many other assorted vintage pieces as well....
hang on...?

Go THROUGH?

Is that code for collector?

Or do you actually lose/break them?

I not only break them.....I DESTROY them!! And then turn all their little bitty bits into this... :wave:

C7284EE9-D472-4998-AEE8-77E1533527E8_zpsmaeqy3xt.jpg

BLING BLING!!

Chris on his way down to the shop to drop 10 large on his new watch

funny_684.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.

Latest Community Content