More snow last night, maybe about 10-20cms. I took a few shots from the Ace Quad first run up.

It was snowing very early but blue skis came out later on, probably about 9am. No wind.

gallery_9395_338_59295.jpg

First run down super

NIce kokodoko,

I am pretty sure that is me. I was the first one down the center 4 yesterday morning,

if not me then someone has the exact same getup as me, even down to camera mounting and stuff stuck onto my right pole...

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AUTOMATIC SKI 186 & FFG16 BINDING - £379.16m,which at the time was about 55,000yen including delivery: 2nd run today:

More snow last night, maybe about 10-20cms. I took a few shots from the Ace Quad first run up. It was snowing very early but blue skis came out later on, probably about 9am. No wind.   First ru

Nice one Sand...   Yotei this morning..  

yeah, new skis... last season's Atomic Automatics. Was very fortunate to get them for a crazily good price at the very end of last season, which was great because the top sheet of my Bentchetlers was in constant need of epoxy.

pm sent...

Here are some photos from the last few days. It has been snowing all afternoon so it is looking good for tomorrow. Last night we got about 20-30cms.

gallery_9395_338_5277.jpg

Under the King #2 chairlift, Hirafu

gallery_9395_338_11950.jpg

Making asphalt in Kutchan

gallery_9395_338_30084.jpg

An ambulance going past in Hirafu

Here are some photos from the last few days.

gallery_9395_338_11950.jpg

Making asphalt in Kutchan

I can't see how making ashphalt in winter would be good, it would mess with the way it sets and also be a pain to keep heated...?

Here are some photos from the last few days. It has been snowing all afternoon so it is looking good for tomorrow. Last night we got about 20-30cms.

gallery_9395_338_30084.jpg

An ambulance going past in Hirafu

Been a LOT of those!

I've got one down with a chest infection, so spent more time than usual in the apartment and am shocked at how often the ambulance makes the trip up to collect someone. Especially since I've heard there is an ambulance shortage this year....

Big line-ups at most of the lifts today especially the gondola and ace quad..

King covered was closed but swinging monkey was working..

Snow was better quality than yesterday imho..

Dumping all day today at Teine, woke up to bluebird skies but by the time we drove up the mountain the snow clouds returned and it's still dumping as I leave. Snow was in great condition but it was mobbed!! Loads of school groups and a shitload of skiers, so most things were tracked quickly

Big line-ups at most of the lifts today especially the gondola and ace quad..

Not over the lunch hour :D

But yes, pretty long this morning! Being a Sunday and all....

Snow was better quality than yesterday imho..

It was pretty good :D. Can't wipe the smile off my face! :D

Crowds stuck to the main piste, we didn't :D happy days :D

Naruhodo. Sounds like the 'cool factor' might be in danger!

;)

:lol:

Was there ever a cool factor?

Today more than other days this week there were large crowds, so I'd suggest a fair few local riders today.

The people I have been meeting mostly have been from Hong Kong and Jakarta.

Few Aussies, few English accents, caught a lift more than once with people speaking French - quite the United Nations up here!

About a 50/50 mix of skiers and boarders but lots of wide skis. Also seen more telemark skiers than I have anywhere before. Oh, and two snowbladers - they made me giggle - they were battling hard!

The reds and greens were swarming today, even the groomed blacks - but duck through the little gate in the ropes to Konayuki and it'd be one, maybe two other groups with us - at times just us. Even when it's busy you don't have to go far off the groomers to find a bit of peace.

I don't suppose Niseko would ever have the 'cool' of Mt Granview.

Talking of languages, today at Mt Granview I heard myself speak a few words of English and a handful of Japanese speak some Japanese. That was about it really.

:)