Hum..... smaller than rabbits?

Could be squirrels coz I see squirrels visit my house every day so I put some walnuts with shell in the snow sometimes. I always wonder if they dislocate their jaws when they try to take it. eek.gif

ive always wondered that as well! and then last week (in ishikawa) we saw an animal under the gondola that looked like a cross between a small bear and a wild pig! any ideas what it might of been?

Yeah, they look cute, but anyway they are also wild animals, so if you met them all of sudden, just keep distance from them little by little walking backwards not to give any cautiousness. They have a pair of horns, so they might poke you if they felt anything scary.

Yeah, you should.

Though snow monkey in Jigokudani ( Shiga-kogen area ) is famous, they are also wild animals. So however cute they look to you, you need to be careful. As they are monkeys, you should not have any bags in your hand. They are easy targets for them to steal! When I was a 5 years old kid, I was walking holding a box of caramel in my hand at Takasaki-yama in Beppu. A monkey attacked me to steal it all. An accident in a moment which was really scary for a 5 years old kid.

Have you ever seen "Okojo" (ermine in English?)

okp3.jpg

They are sooooooo cuuuute!! \:\)

I didn't know about Okojo before I saw it in Shiga-kogen several years ago and I thought it was a cat!

BagOfCrisp,

LOFLMAO = Lolling On the Floor Laughing My A*s Off

Why does a Japanese need to teach English to a native English speaker? LOL \:D

Ahhh No, ROFLMAO Rolling... LOL

R and L.. this is a big problem for me \:\(

Montoya, I think if a tanuki walks in the snow, probably its footprint is more like just a waterworks.

I mean Tanuki doesn't often jump and they have kinda short legs ( I'm not talking about me!!! LOL ) so when they walk in the snow, their feet seldom get out of the snow, so their footrpint just looks like a waterworks. Sorry my poor description hope it's understandable.

Hahaha Muikabochi, No I was not drunk.

Thanks for your concern. I am just an occasional drinker, don't drink that often.

Montoya, I think bears usually sleep through the winter, so it's kinda hard to find footprints of bears \:\(

Recently some bears seem to walk around in the snow though.

Bear tracks look kinda like a dogs but larger and wider, if you know what I mean. Saw some at the end of last season (big prints too!) at a popular picnic area for bears as well as people. Always bear warnings for that area.