• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's cos you've been an adult since Stegasauras was wandering about

Chris,

On parle anglais, avec quelque UK bias. Hien!

JA....That's some pretty fancy lingo you speaking there.. !! Sounds like some of that there Frenchy stuff they speak back east in Que..bec ,, ya know.. ;)

Oui! Thought y'all might recognise it! :lol:

I wouldn't go that far Thursday but I had crappy French teachers and grew up through all the talk of referendums so.... most things associated with French and French Canada kinda left a foul taste in my mouth (pardon the pun).

My French teacher had lived in France (several decades earlier) and had a thing about the "reader" we were expected to know about. (It was "Le Cheval sans Tete" and I still cannot care about the bloody horse!)

She would write a few paragraphs from the book on the board, we'd read the lot through. Then she'd erase random words and we'd have to read the lot again, filling in the blanks as we went. continue until there are but a few words left and we were reading the paragraphs from memory.

I had a problem, as I could not understand how that was going to help me with French, and the final exam (still don't, after 50 years!) so complained to the head teacher and was given a dispensation - the proviso being that I would present him with a list of 20 vocab words every time the reader lesson was on. That sounded like a great deal, and I never did the reader thing again! (Rebel, me!)

Well, I could certainly do without at least a third of them BM. But that sentiment is equally reciprocated. The PQ is a cancer and the government needs to either cut in out or cut it loose. No politics... so I had better leave it at that.

• SnowJapan Admin

I get somewhat annoyed with people who write in to us asking questions, which we answer but are never heard from again.

Not a thanks or anything.

But, isn't that what you are there for??

What else do you guys do all day, anyway ... :<runs and hides> :sjcool: :bumtish:

• 2 weeks later...

4.jpg

My question would be "What? Did you not bathe before you came here? ... Oh, you mean a toilet! Yes we have one but we don't bathe in it!".

I do NOT understand the problem with the word toilet!

I do like the American..."restroom". It's always nice to have a 5 or 10 minute time out. Doesn't quite work out that way with the Japanese squat crappers though.

4.jpg

My question would be "What? Did you not bathe before you came here? ... Oh, you mean a toilet! Yes we have one but we don't bathe in it!".

I do NOT understand the problem with the word toilet!

You do realize that "toilet" literally means a clothes bag or changing room. Not sure why that is a better euphemism than "bathroom."

(At least baths have water in them.)

Did Tubby not mention how manky the base of a toilet is. From experience ripping up boards or something.

That, next to the toilet? Nice!

Beavers are really, really difficult to potty train....not the brightest rodent ya know. That fact combined with the beaver's well documented impressive yet unwieldy male member makes it a real challenge to hit the bowl. More miss than hit actually.

So ya,,,,,manky!