• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's cos you've been an adult since Stegasauras was wandering about

In Canada it's ..bathroom or washroom. To me...sorry JA...toilet is just a lateral move from calling it "the shitter".

Problem with that?

My house has a separate toilet - no need to wash or bathe there, is simply a place to crap! but it DOES have water in it (could always go back to the "water closet" terminology?)

At school, kids (talking 15-18 year olds, here) used to ask if they could go to the bathroom - answer "sorry, no baths here" Why are they embarrassed about using the word toilet?

I do understand the derivation of the word toilet (from the French toilette = wash/bathe).

In Canada it's ..bathroom or washroom. To me...sorry JA...toilet is just a lateral move from calling it "the shitter".

Problem with that?

My house has a separate toilet - no need to wash or bathe there, is simply a place to crap! but it DOES have water in it (could always go back to the "water closet" terminology?)

At school, kids (talking 15-18 year olds, here) used to ask if they could go to the bathroom - answer "sorry, no baths here" Why are they embarrassed about using the word toilet?

I do understand the derivation of the word toilet (from the French toilette = wash/bathe).

For real..!?! (insert facepalm) I'm sure you got a nice look of disdain for that one JA... :lol: smart ass old man.

It's a toilet people. Come on, why call it something else?

One step sillier than the Canadian version in the the word Loo used by the English.

Maybe Napolian was a champion shitter......

That's for use when the axles of the car are resting on the surface of the mud you tried to drive through!

Bog also means toilet in England! It has two meanings!

I do hate it when people say can I use the bathroom, because to me a bathroom is a place you wash, not a place to relieve yourself. I use toilet, why people can't use the word toilet I do not no.

Another annoying one is powder room, some use powder room instead of toilet, Powder room WTF!!!

In most places where it's considered unacceptable to defecate or urinate in public, it's also considered more polite to adopt euphemisms for the places where these acts are performed. In some ways that probably is a little silly, but it's not right at the top of my list of politically (or socially) correct nonsense.