• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's cos you've been an adult since Stegasauras was wandering about

Chips in batter??

Kidding, right? ... and not served but cooked in batter.

As I said, times have changed, batter is boring (and full of carcinogen creating trans fats) so ... move on.

I didn't mention anythng about the chips....and they are served in batter, the fact that the batter is cooked makes no difference.....get over yourself

So ... what was this, then?

Regardless of when you were born ....fish n chips are served in batter :wakaranai: what can't you understand about that?

If I order fish n chips and it came breadcrumbed, I'd be rather upset and would be inclined to splash their tartare sauce on the waitresses face. But I wouldn't 'cos we respect people.

anytime I try batter, its just never the same
The issue is getting it to stay on there without being thick and nasty.

I have found it a bit easier if you stick your fillets in the freezer for a while (not necessarily to freeze them) before dipping in the thinner batter - the cold sets the batter firmer to the fillet - then whack that thing straight into the oil.

Bit too much like hard work, and too much cleaning up after.

Get a professional to do it in their kitchen I say. ;)

How jew make your batter?

The fish needs to be dry to adhere to the batter. Pat them down with kitchen rolls and then flour them in flour or corn starch. Then dip in the batter. Then fry in hot hot oil otherwise they get soggy.

Dead posh place that, with the not-mushy-enough peas and baked beans (!) in a little pot.

Small portion too, another pointer to it being a 'dead posh place'.

Bet it cost tons too.

I guess somewhere in 'the South', Harry Crapsdens or not England.

Chris,

On parle anglais, avec quelque UK bias. Hien!

JA....That's some pretty fancy lingo you speaking there.. !! Sounds like some of that there Frenchy stuff they speak back east in Que..bec ,, ya know.. ;)