Getting rid of the winter jelly belly

I have only ever used free weights dumbells barbells and still use just those.

I use a bench for chest and tricept work outs and a free wight squat rack.

Actually need to build my own once I get to my new house.

I am old school when it comes to working out.

Starting to get back into the weights.

My leg press is way down now I can only do 380kg for 8 reps now.

I was doing 500kg at 8 reps.

Arm curls are down to a weak 40kg down from 65.

Good insentive to workout harder.

you can bicep curl 40kgs?! You must have arms like tree trunks!

Or one of Pies' girlfriend's thighs

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is that on offer now Tubbs?   I'll take two!

All that naked hiking through the snowy hills of Sapporo is sure to see you down to slimBeaverinho in no time

And 380kgs......do u mean lbs? Or are you built like Arnold Schwarzenegger ?

My thoughts too. Must be massive!

No I mean KG not lbs.

40kg barbell is not so heavy im not talking 40kg dumbbells in each arm although I wish I could do that.

I have always been very strong and especially my legs from all the cycling I have done.

I wish I was built like Arnie but im not just always been naturally strong. My Grandfather father and brother are the same.

And 380kgs......do u mean lbs? Or are you built like Arnold Schwarzenegger ?

My thoughts too. Must be massive!

No I mean KG not lbs.

40kg barbell is not so heavy im not talking 40kg dumbbells in each arm although I wish I could do that.

I have always been very strong and especially my legs from all the cycling I have done.

I wish I was built like Arnie but im not just always been naturally strong. My Grandfather father and brother are the same.

Well a 40kg on a bar makes a hell of a difference......well impressed with ur leg squats tho

I bought myself a bike and have been doing some long rides at the weekend and 15-20km in most evenings.

I'm really enjoying it though I'm not sure how much it's burning off.

I just hate the idea of jogging and going to the gym.

I only do mountain biking so my rides are really short but most of the time is spent going uphill. My usual run is actually longer than my usual bike ride. The bike ride is more tiring though because of there is much more climbing.

:lol:

Wonder when that was taken.

1997 - however I reckon the pose was for a more traditional / old school Austrian alpine feel which could make it feel like it was taken a lot earlier.

All this talk of excercise got me feeling I should get started on my 2013/14 training regime.

So I lay down until the feeling passed.

It was a beautiful day for a bike ride today! It was a bit wet out there after the rain last night, but the temperature was perfect. Man I love riding in autumn after the humidity dissipates - I almost feel like I get a big spring in my step at this time of year.

So I bit the bullet and bought a 12kg kettlebell off Amazon and it'll be here tomorrow or Monday. I'm not sure what I'm getting into, but I'm looking forward to knocking myself out with it and losing a few teeth. I have found some great workouts via YouTube and will start with the basics to learn the movements first. Tanoshimi.

For the love of god, what the hell have I gotten myself into?! I can't walk, I can't go down stairs, I can't sit down to use the bathroom, I can't pick up something when I've dropped it, overall I can't move! Teachers and students were laughing at me today, and my wife just keeps chuckling to herself when I have to move around. I'd like to go get another beer, but I'm not able to get up off the sofa...good thing my better half is here ;)

So, this is probably the sorest I've ever been in my life. I was watching the Russian guy, Pavel, and just tried to figure out the movements last night, and I think that I actually did like a dozen different exercises just to see what they're like, and damn I'm in pain. I can ride 40k and not have too much discomfort, but this is nuts. I'm even more afraid of tomorrow and feeling even more sore. I'd put myself in the fairly active crowd, so I imagined I'd be a bit sore but never fathomed this whatsoever. I hope this translates into mad power and endurance when the ski season comes around!

I'm sorry.

Can't help it.

I know exactly what you are talking about.

It will get better....but it's gonna get worse before it gets better. 3rd day DOMS is nasteeeeeee!

Mamabear, that's cruel ;) It's even worse today. God, I don't know how to explain what I feel right now because I've never felt this sore before. I guess the workouts targeted all the muscles that I don't hit when cycling.

Kevkastle, I bought a 12kg kettlebell after hearing about it from some friends, and feel like I'm regretting it already. I don't actually mean that, but this pain is insane. I've never felt this sore in my life. I'll try to list what I did after watching Pavel, who I guess is some famous Russian kettlebell instructor.

I did

40 swings X 2 sets

Squat pushes? Thrusters? Is that right? 10 X 2 X both arms

Overhead lunges 10 X 2 X both arms

Windmills 10 X each arm

Snatches 10 X 2 X both arms

Bent over rows? 10 X 2 X both arms

Plank 1:00

Pushups 15 X 4 sets

Reverse lunges 10 X 2 X both arms

Clean and press 10 X 2 X both arms

I think that's about what I put myself through. The 12kg feels solid, but if, if I keep this up, then I'll have to get a 16 kg. time for kids bath, I hope that explained why I can't move

Mamabear, that's cruel ;)

No...cruel is when your husband pisses himself laughing at you groaning while your eyes roll back in your head in pain after sneezing with torn intercostals! Welcome to my world.