Getting rid of the winter jelly belly

Haha, I'll be honest, it's been tough during the hotter times, but it makes the beer taste so much better. ;)

You don't need to exercise anyway Chriselle, you have a monster 4x4 to drive you around. :D

It is a chore getting in and out. My wife curses me every time she rides in it...haha.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is that on offer now Tubbs?   I'll take two!

All that naked hiking through the snowy hills of Sapporo is sure to see you down to slimBeaverinho in no time

Took a fair bit of dedication to get my fat arse to kickboxing today - I've either cracked a rib/sternum or given my intercostals a bit of a bash.

Either way it freaking hurts.

But there are 3 months until Japan and I want to be fit and thinner than I've ever been in Japan before - some big plans, and hiking with extra weight is not optimal.

May as well start the 'harden up princess' now!

you don't want to do contact sports at your age. Bones don't heal good anymore.

:lol: Fook off with the 'at your age' WVS :lol:

I stuffed the ribs boarding...not kickboxing.

Although I suppose in that instance you COULD call it a contact sport - seeing as I contacted the ground at a rapid speed...

Took a fair bit of dedication to get my fat arse to kickboxing today - I've either cracked a rib/sternum or given my intercostals a bit of a bash.

You don't really have a fat arse do you Mamabear?

:console:

I've been cycling and swimming some. Riding 20-40Ks two to three days per week, so trying to get into some shape, and then swimming a mile or so once or twice per week depending on work and time. I could also stand to lose a few kilos myself! :D

Random question. A few of my friends here in Kansai have told me they use something called kettlebells. I didn't know what they were until I checked YouTube. I don't have any dumbells or weights so don't do any weight training, but I'm quite interested in trying these. I found them on amazon so easy to buy, but am curious if any of you have ever tried them. I checked lots of workouts on YouTube and there's so much you can do with them, but not sure what weight to buy. Im really not sure so thinking of a 12kilo and a 16 kilo...I've also heard from my uncle to be careful with them because you can injure your shoulder/rotator cuff. Any input or advise about them? Thank you :)

I've used them a fair bit.

If you have a dodgy rotator cuff then you need to be sensible.

I've had a shoulder repair done, and still train with them...but maintain control, no wild out of control swinging of the bell with sudden stops ;)

12 and 16 sound sensible for a guy.

you are much better with free weights than using a machine anyway. Machines will only target specific muscles and often through a movement that isn't 100% natural. Using free weights will use more muscles than just the targetted muscle group of the exercise and it will do it all through a natural plane of movement.It depends on what you wanna use the kettleballs for.........swings are good to engage full body muscle groups and 12 and 16kgs may be fine for these, however if you are doing curls and presses (using them like regular dumbbells) you might find you surpass these weights quickly.....it all depends on how strong you already are and what you intend to do with them.