• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love skiing, but I also love just how beautiful snow is and how it transforms the scenery. I love the lines, the textures, the marshmallowy pillowy bits and the shapes. This season I'm going to tr

Yep, one classy dude with the lens, muika! Well done!

Womder how the local camera club would score them if I were to "borrow" one - not that I'm going to, just wondered at the scoring.

Seems to work out quite OK for you, then!

Point & hope?

Obviously, the more times you push the button, the better your chances of getting a good shot, PROVIDED you have some sense of what you are trying to capture, that is!

Oh, and provided you learn from previous mistakes!

My mate muika just has a really excellent eye for beautiful composition. As we all know.

Seems to me that is probably the most important thing. Obviously has a very good camera etc.

Makes it look effortless. Which is not meant to take away from his natural skill there.

:thumbsup:

The better you are the more humble...funny how that works.

So, for shots like that what's going through your mind...other than composition? Certainly it's not just point and shoot on auto...??

For these ones today I was actually on automatic mode just choosing focus point :ashamed:

I suppose it usually is just composition that I think about most.

Usually when I am out taking pics these days I use Apeture mode and choose my focus point, and trying to get better at understand that, but lots of the time not much more than that.

I recall saying this from a few years back, but I am kind of keen to learn more about 'faffing about'. I never seem to get round to it properly though. :sadface: I enjoy taking quick photos of stuff I see.

Thank christ its not marshmallows. Id be a hefty little elephant... which probably wouldnt be too bad because i could just bounce around the world. Oh marshmallow world, when can i play in thee? :( Great pics as ever :p