What's your favorite kind of Indian (or otherwise) curry?

I am stuck in a rut where I almost always go for a chiken tikka balti and always think I'd like to choose something else, but I just love it so much and don't want to risk another!

What i really want is a place where you can choose 3 or 4 and get a bit of each.

Not that I can get much Indian curry in Muikamachi :lol: but for next time back home.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes the old 'not risking something different'.

It's very common with the curries.

That's why you need to taste everyone elses, and also refresh your curry-eating gang regularly as well -- because of course everyone in your regular gang will also all be having exactly the same every time!

;)

If only I could ever remember not to stuff myself silly on poppadoms, the sauces and onion bhajis at the beginning.

It might help avoid that almost-bursting over-indulgent full feeling at the end when I'm trying to finish off the curry.

:doh:

If only I could ever remember not to stuff myself silly on poppadoms, the sauces and onion bhajis at the beginning.

It might help avoid that almost-bursting over-indulgent full feeling at the end when I'm trying to finish off the curry.

:lol:

So true.

there are too many to just choose one........

Lamb rogan josh

Chicken Tikka Masala

Chicken Kadai

Lamb Kadai

Chicken Bhuna

Lamb Bhuna

Chicken Dopiaza

Sag Chicken

thats just the ones I can remember.

My wife orders curry by the case load from "indo kare Aarti". Look it up. Best curry I've found anywhere all in the convenience of your own home. They have specials every once in a while so those are the times to really load up. All the curries are good but a simple Dahl is my favorite.

Ive never been that big of a fan of meat curries. They always seem like a few lumps of meat and some sauce. Veggie curries on the other hand are like a cornucopia of scran. So many flavors and tastes and textures. Ah, how i miss it.

As for favorite. Veggie dhansak from the Brighton Tandoori in Fenham, Newcastle.

We didn't!

;)

I'm the same, they are just so good.

:yummy:

Had the Bear elders pick up Indian takeaway for PBs birthday on the weekend (given I was a poorly bear and totally useless to clan).

They had a 'butter chicken' that was unlike any butter chicken I have had before, and it was delish!

Agree with Ipps about the. Veggie ones being extra tasty.

Not India, but I have eaten many in Malaysia which is as ethnically close to real Indian food as ur going to get outside of India and them curries Were good. A lot more veggie than western style Indian food