The movie thread respawn challenge

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where i ended up (and lucky its on youtube);

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xdMiKYnCSQ&feature=plcp

A superb piece of film making/propoganda/documentary (choose your poison, im not here to preach to you, make your own mind up). As a leftist fascist though it humanises the conflict in a way that maybe distance and growing up 2 decades later (as i did) maybe could never do. And the humanising leans very heavily towards the vietnamese people and their icon, Ho Chi Minh. And the documentary in no way attempts to say anything less than he was (at the time) the spiritual will of almost all of the Vietnamese people (theres a great qualifer near the end in one of the talking head shots where this is carefully pointed out). The Americans are portrayed more like an extension of french colonial interest. and its hard not to feel that to be the case... But then, "you pays your money..." as my old lecturer used to say so ill shut up before i stop you from watching it. You probably should watch it though if you have even the remotest interest in geopolitics.

Ran is spectacular. Its like a movie feast for the eyeballs. You need to watch that movie if youve never seen it.

Oooh, new page:

Rambo was 1985. I remember the press doing body counts and it was like 250. This is the movie that created a word, an attitude. Not to confused with the first which was first blood, this is the one when he's in Laos or Vietnam or somewhere spooky. The beginning scene was a fighting den in Thailand for mortal combat and the crowd were chanting for him to stick gummy bears onto his bandaged fists.