• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good idea as well I reckon.

I can totally understand the perspective of pfft sport, what about interest rates, trade deficit and community health. I get it.  But the reality is that sports investment is way worse than it has b

Oh dear ( # 43343 ):

Border force staff to walk out ahead of Olympics

Border guards are to strike on the eve of the Olympics, the busiest day in the history of Heathrow, despite their union securing the support of just one in 10 staff.

Up to 5,500 immigration officials will strike next Thursday in a dispute about job cuts and pay, disrupting nearly 130,000 passengers as they arrive the day before the Olympic opening ceremony

The striking workers, from the Public and Commercial Services union, will take further industrial action during the rest of the Games by refusing to work overtime.

Last night, senior Conservative MPs accused the union of “holding the country to ransom” as ministers privately questioned the legitimacy of the industrial action. Just a fifth of the union’s 16,000 members voted, with 57 per cent of them in favour.

The close-up's really nice. Some big compression going on there.

I guess that's looking more along the river than across the city, but it's not the most flattering view of the London skyline.

There are no leaves on the track, nor the wrong kind of snow. But rail passengers seeking the Olympic Park will find many trains not stopping at Stratford on Tuesday – because it is too hot.

Greater Anglia, which runs trains from Liverpool Street to destinations east of London, announced that certain services would be suspended and others would not stop at Stratford, the key station for the the Olympic stadium, from midday because of the heat.

Speed restrictions will be put in place as the thermometer passes 30C, a figure long forgotten in Britain.

:doh:

George Osbourne's proposed pasty tax would have been a devastating blow to one Olympic athlete.

Anuradha Cooray, a marathon runner and full-time employee of Greggs The Bakers in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, has revealed the secret to his Olympic success story: a daily pasty fix.

The Sri Lankan father of two, known to his friends as Cooray, trains for his marathon dash by running 17 miles to and from work every day, and eating a pasty when he gets there.