Help ippy out with cheap accom. [at Yuzawa]

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

is aberdeen the crossdresing capital of scotland? I thought it was fishermen and oil ri... ah! i see. No actual women live there.

Ah, Yuzawa Kenko Land! On Route 17.   And, it's close to the famous telephone box, so no excuses for not taking pics there!  

self publicity machine strikes again: Anyone interested in Kagura, i just wrote a rather short review of it here: http://www.snowjapan...wa-2012-review/

I started to read this but my cup of tea had gone cold before I got halfway through it!! My eyes are hurting just imagining what one of your long reviews looks like! ;)

haha! shut up.

In truth though im noticing all my 'reviews' are trending on teh gigantique side of things. Maybe they are getting a bit over long. I like to be comprehensive, but maybe its time to reign them in a little for the sake of brevity, tea, and eye sight :)

Good report ippy

Were you weaned on copious episodes of "The two Ronnie's by any chance?. Like Ronny Corbett you have the amazing abilty to take the story in so many different directions but always come back to the main thread eventually.

Can you thow in a couple of jokes along the way?

Enjoyable reading

haha thanks dude, but its less by design and more by being a bit of a yap and then suddenly remembering i should get back on the topic! But i do love a good shaggy dog story. :)

yeah I was thinking about going up this weekend as well but worrying about the weather and riding crud. Next week looks a better bet but I'm def gonna go up Feb 1st or 2nd and next weekend is a bit close to those days in terms of getting permission compromising with the Mrs. My mates are up this saturday as well......hmm....still undecided....tomorrow is last chance saloon

There was some good conditions out yesterday. Not amazing but not lots of crud or sheet ice.

Whoever is up there from today onwards is going to be very lucky as it was coming down with snow at the top of hakkaisan when we left.

Not sure about people today being 'very lucky'.

No snow overnight in town - raining still - and not much more than a wet thin cover I reckon.

Looks like decent snow due in the week.

Snow levels have noticably gone down in the last few days.

While wandering about yuzawa i stumbled on a bus time that you could actually work out without too much nihongo. Its the stop just after the station so take off a minute or so on the times if you want to catch your bus at the main stop just across from the main exit (just look for the queue :)).

The big yellow one in the middle is Maiko i think, gala is on the left, I think the green one is Ishiuchi and the one at the far right is kandatsu. So youre pretty much good to go :)

gallery_10042_122_1719018.jpg

And heres the timetable for the bus to tanigawa if youre in minakami.

825; 8.57; 9.55; 10.26; 10.45; 11.37; 12.30

and return:

12.15; 13.15; 14.03; 15.13; 16.05; 16.20; 17.00

Buses take 20 minutes. Oh and if youre going from jomo kogen then its 25 minutes earlier. Two things to note: 1. The bus TO tanigawa starts at minkami. And 2) the 16.20 bus back terminates at minakami. Other than that its an extra 25 minutes to Jomo (if you plan on shinking it)