Help ippy out with cheap accom. [at Yuzawa]

Looking for super budget accommodation. I figured im going to ask this a lot this season since i plan to avoid my usual hotspots and see a few more resorts. But getting off the beaten path means delving into a world i cannot hope to survive in. So help an ippy out :)

Price range: 3000-5000/night

Tomorrows mission is to yuzawa. I dont know anything about the place so going in blind.

I plan on heading in first thing in the AM, Riding tomorrow, wed, and maybe thursday. So looking somewhere for 2 nights.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

is aberdeen the crossdresing capital of scotland? I thought it was fishermen and oil ri... ah! i see. No actual women live there.

Ah, Yuzawa Kenko Land! On Route 17.   And, it's close to the famous telephone box, so no excuses for not taking pics there!  

i was just gonna do easy mode - omiya to gala yuzawa shink. Then pop out, get kitted up, dump my stuff in a locker and then spend the day riding. Ill probably just stay there though because the 2 day passs seem decent value.

Sorry to say, I don't know anywhere in Yuzawa that would have you for that price..... ;)

Its not really a Yuzawa price-range....

Where is my not like button :)

get this. My take home has dropped to 158,000/month. Im now proper backpacking scum. :p

Oh the JET programme. How sorry i am... that you saw who i was :(

actually you might find something up in Naeba for around 5k a night. Its only a bus ride from Yuzawa eki and it has izakayas etc up there and of course you can ride Naeba but also easy access to Kagura either by dragondola or by shuttle bus round to Tashiro or Mitsumata

And in the spirit of let's agreeing, I agree with TB.

Not sure that 2 days of Gala is a good choice.

Unless your ticket also includes Yuzawa Kogen and Ishiuchi Maruyama as well.

Kagura+Naeba is many many times bigger.

actually yeah, if the other 2 are on your ticket then it could be ok. When I was at Gala last year, they didn't have the gondola over to Yuzawa Kogen and for some reason they wouldn't give me the ticket to include Ishiuchi

man, you people dont half know how to rip the sails from one's yacht.

There was me getting all stoked up and EVEN THINKING ABOUT scraping the pre-season wax off my deck :( I could just go to hakuba and not have any of these issues... Yuzawa clearly sucks :) Ill leave it to the tokyo day trippers then.