Help ippy out with cheap accom. [at Yuzawa]

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

is aberdeen the crossdresing capital of scotland? I thought it was fishermen and oil ri... ah! i see. No actual women live there.

Ah, Yuzawa Kenko Land! On Route 17.   And, it's close to the famous telephone box, so no excuses for not taking pics there!  

Ah, not yoru fault at all. I use quirky language and should have used ABOUT instead of ON.

Bus timetable outside Yuzawa station (open image in a new window/tab and then you should be able to see it in its full size). gallery_10042_121_575519.jpg

haha, only kidding, but my mates moving from china to japan that weekend. There may well be a slim chance to trick him into coming up ;) (hes only ridden korean "snow" and i keep making him mad jealous with pics like this:

gallery_10042_122_1857441.jpg

So theres always a chance i might be up there that weekend (hes moving to nagoya, so it might be his only chance to get to kagura since hell be in tokyo from the 21st to the 28th).

Ah, not yoru fault at all. I use quirky language and should have used ABOUT instead of ON.

Bus timetable outside Yuzawa station (open image in a new window/tab and then you should be able to see it in its full size). gallery_10042_121_575519.jpg

worth pointing out that this is the shuttle bus timetable....run by the resort. But out the OTHER exit there is a local bus that also takes up to Kagura and beyond. I did have a copy of the timetable but I seem to have lost it. So sometimes if you miss 1 bus then you can do a quick skip to the other side and get the other

I posted this on your blog, but here it is again.....

mate, you have to go back when the top lift opens, that open face is awesome. A wee traverse skiers left when you come off the top and you go into the trees, you can either go under the lift for a quick rip and get face shots all the way or mosey on over a bit more and if you stay high then you'll hit that open pow face and come back just above the lift. the other side of the run is good tree country, if a little short but you can pop out and rubber the lift and continue along the cat track that leads back to Kagura main slope......but miraculously you've dived left into that little copse of trees you were on about earlier and you get some more tree runs and pow shots before it spits you back out above the gondola.....ride down to the pair lift and start the ascent to do it all again!! Great!

• Like 1

Yeah, i could see the face pretty clearly from Tashiro (well, the side they probably try and stop people riding i assume). But on the aerial photo that all good resorts and lodges have (where the **** do they get these by the way? Were they all printed ten years ago for a special one off, never to be seen again? this is the only thing i ever want from an omiyage shop, but they never have them! its insane!!!), you could see that nice gentle ridge line (the one that helps form the gully alongside the copse you end up riding out to the top of the gondola) and im fairly sure that when that top lift opens, that area gets hit my a LOT of people. Am i wrong? It looks a really fun area. I dont think you can boot pack it (actually i have the gelede map in front of me and it does look like a mellow descent - but you can never tell shit from those things), but if you have some shoes, skis or a splitboard, it seems pretty easy access?

I really should read with more care before posting :)

if you stay high then you'll hit that open pow face and come back just above the lift
I guess thats us both talking about the same spot :)

im debating whether to go up this weekend or not again. Whats the weather doing? Or rather, did it get a bit crusty over the week? Its been pretty dry as far as ive seen, so since money is tight should i just hold off until next weekend and hope for a bit more mid/late-week snowfall?

perfectly timed information. Exactly what i needed to know, cheers David. I guess my intuition was right, i reckons ill sit this one out :)