when i was a kid an australian teacher came to our school for a month or so (in lossiemouth, the NE of scotland - lucky him! must have felt like those giraffes in the wildlife park half way up mount fuji). On his last day he brought in a video of neighbors he had specially sent over from australia because we were all bugging the shit out of him to do it since he arrived. He genuiely didnt understand that it was massive for us since it was just a crap soap that no one really watched. :)

pretty crappy TV if you ask me...

Although I know a few old and young women, and the odd male who can't live without it.

Never understood the popularity in the UK.

It took on a kind of cult following quite early on, Mamabear.

Students would gather to watch at uni at lunchtimes.

Very curious phenom it was.

Wow I used to sometimes watch Neighbours and home and away, I used to like Natalie Embrugio, or however you spell her name, she used to be in neighbours before she started singing. Also when Kylie minogues sister Danni was in it, I used to like watching it because she was in it.

There used to be another Australian show, oh though I cant remember the name, it was like a soap come drama, which ended by the entire village being burnt down and destroyed, with half of the characters dying or something like that.

It went on for a year or two, before it was ended. It started with this supposed villian coming from another part of Australia and setting up home in this quiet rural village, he eventually got accpeted as one of the villagers, I think fell in love with one of them and was good at fighting and sorting out people.

I can not for the life of me remember what it was called?? May be someone here can remember, it was on back in the 80's I think or early 90's.

I can not for the life of me remember what it was called?? May be someone here can remember, it was on back in the 80's I think or early 90's.

A Country Practise???

Does anyone in the UK get Bondi Rescue yet?

It's a show about the Bondi beach surf rescue crew. Bondi, for those that don't know, is a busy Sydney city beach.

It's astounding how many rescues they do. Sometimes 30 a day. Mostly asians and middle eastern people also a lot of backpackers. Some of them would have surely died without help.

There's lots of buffed boys and girls running around in swimwear, lots of city freaks and the odd shark.

I thought it might be a ratings winner in the UK.

A Country Practise???

It's a show about the Bondi beach surf rescue crew. Bondi, for those that don't know, is a busy Sydney city beach.

It's astounding how many rescues they do. Sometimes 30 a day. Mostly asians and middle eastern people also a lot of backpackers. Some of them would have surely died without help.

There's lots of buffed boys and girls running around in swimwear, lots of city freaks and the odd shark.

It seems like a Baywatch rip off.

A Country Practise???

It seems like a Baywatch rip off.

Nah....... it is a reality show.....not a story. Thank goodness for that, you can only deal with one show like Baywatch in a life time!! The life guards are filmed doing their every day jobs. Some of those rescues can be hardcore and we have seen them on the news prior to them being on the show.

No it's not A country practice. I just watched an episode on the net, I remember watching A country practice too, but I'm sure what I watched was another program too. I will try and see if I can find it.