• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I have cruised through previous threads and started to gather details on who's going where for the 11/12 season. I figure it would be easier for folks to hook up with other SJ'ers (if they want to

Around Gunma and Niigata.

Tentative plan:   Hakuba Niseko   Late January.

Snowbird Utah December 2011

Togakushi January weekend, 2012

Naeba (really!) January weekend, 2012

Rusutsu February 9-12, 2012

Mt. Kosha (?) February 20-24, 2012

Niseko March 19-23, 2012 (tentative)

I live in a town just north of Asahikawa, Hokkaido, so I will be whoring myself throughout central Hokkaido all winter.

Kurodake Ropeway opens this time next week, so I'll be up there from next weekend. I hope to ride Asahidake, Kamui, Furano and Pippu regularly throughout the winter, and ride nighters at least once a week at Santa Present Park.

If you spot me, come say hi.

Andy.

Aussie SJ'ers: News just broke that Qantas is grounding its domestic & internaitonal fleets due to the union dispute, and won't be flying again until there's some agreement. I hope this doesn't continue into the season and ruin any plans for you.

I have a mate that had booked through Qantas but unbeknown to him, when the itinerary came out it showed flights both ways were on Jetstar - I wonder if he will be caught up in it

List Updated today - You can see it on the first post of this thread.

As the beloved white season gets closer don't forget to let me know your updated plans :typing:

well it looks like Nikki and I will be headed to Hakuba for a week in (probably) February.

The only thing holding up the planning at the moment is that Nikki fractured her ankle in Thredbo in August, and she still hasnt recovered properly

ooh nasty G O though she should be right for Feb. Fractures usually heal quicker than ankle ligament damage

I suppose she did it bombing down The Bluff, not coming home from the pub?

Snowjunky is there a bank account number where I can deposit my money to get on the J List...I think I've missed 2 updates I feel left out LOL

Banno, maaaaaaaaaaaate, as appealing as that sounds, I could not take your money - particularly as I am the dumbass that completely missed your post :oops: sorry.

So in lieu of a huge cash deposit a beer would be fine should we meet in J-land :)

ooh nasty G O though she should be right for Feb. Fractures usually heal quicker than ankle ligament damage

I suppose she did it bombing down The Bluff, not coming home from the pub?

Well, she starts her story with "I broke my ankle whilst on a snowboarding holiday..."

but I chip in with more of the facts....

...including the bottle of champange, the walk to the restaurant at 7.30 in the evening, and the imaginary pothole!! :lol: