Originally Posted By: bobby12
I predict that this was organised by someone or some group. What is needed is 'a tipping point' (I guess many of you have read the book), ie. that first act of vandalism in the day to kick it all off. I think someone is creating these tipping points around the UK by getting their gang members or whoever to start incidents, and then use the crowd-effect to recruit a small army for free to protect you while you target the mobile-phone shops etc.

In other words, I think either gangs or possibly anarchist groups are kick starting incidents in order to use the ignorant crowd (kids etc) as a shield while doing crime.

Somebody has to do that first vandalism act of the day, from there it all kicks off. And someone has to rally people into the one spot to congragate.

A friend of mine in London reckons that Sainsburys as a ploy to get some panic buying of food going.

On a more serious note, I hope that the police are able to bring things under control soon. I cant imagine what the people of these areas (that aren't involved with the rioting) are going through. I personally think that the police need to crack a few skulls with their knightsticks - its the only thing that these thugs will understand.
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One big problem is that the police have their hands tied.

I would like to see them very much untied.

Whatever they do, they'll get stick - they simply can't win.

Their mindless opposition have no rules, no law, can do whatever the heck they want so it's hardly a fair game is it.

Now that London has 'quietened down', no doubt after seeing pie-eaters post earlier in this thread, it is amazing how the TV news channels BBC and Sky have apparently both gone from being continuous coverage of the riots to non-continuous.

London > Other Cities

... so it seems.

That video is so similar to the youth in america. Sad, really. Bunch of retards running around revolting for the wrong reasons. Shoot them with the bean bag and move on to the next idiot.

Good luck, UK. Hope it settles soon.

Originally Posted By: klingon

Looked like people just robbing stuff just because they could - what sort of person does that??

MPs supposed to be serving the public yet fiddling their expenses for thousands, for starters. When caught, they basically called an amnesty because they were all at it. The punishment for most was simply paying it back.

I think there is a big "fast buck/get something for nothing" culture throughout British society. I guess its always been there, but it seems to have got a lot worse from Thatcher onwards, with New Labour simply a continuation. Lots of wrongs don't make a right, of course, and I deplore what has been happening, especially when its criminals jumping on the back of what was originally the kind of a protest that is allowed in free societies like Britain. As for kids referring to the police as the "Feds", you can only wonder at what version of reality they must have. I guess that's why people point the finger at rap songs, tv shows, and video games. It must be coming from somewhere.
Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
As for kids referring to the police as the "Feds", you can only wonder at what version of reality they must have. I guess that's why people point the finger at rap songs, tv shows, and video games. It must be coming from somewhere.

Exactly Wiggle man!
It's only a small part of a much broader problem but it typifies the cultural attitude of these thugs. Gansta rap is like a mantra to them. I could just imagine these hooded clown listening to Dogg Pound singing
"Nigga, I buy new blocks for war
A few shots, a broad, that make you drop
Then I'ma pop two cops or more
I'm too hot, come through wit two proper whores
"
to put them right in the mood for a bit of looting.

Some pretty tough sentences being doled out I see.

One guy was sentenced to 1 day. 1 day. ONE DAY. And because he had been held until then, he had effectively spent one day and so was let free.

Time for some Sonseed. Rioters.... find Jesus.

GG

Thats a bit harsh mate how do you know those kids did anything.

That kind of random treatment will do the cause no good.

I agree some kids deserve it but there is always a chance that some innocent cops it.

Seemore

seemore.

How do you know they didn't do anything?

And, ok well lets consider the small possibility that they were 'not doing anything'.

Can you give me one possible reason why they were biking around in that manner in the middle of a very violent riot zone? In the middle of the night?

No, didn't think you could.

Thats the problem you don't know, but riding around on a pushbike doesn't deserve getting beaten by batons and kicked.

They could be curious and riding around to have a look,

unless a curfew is in effect anyone can walk/ride the streets.

Do you think that other guy they walked up to should have beaten as well?

I understand they need to do something to control these people but that isn't the way.

Seemore

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
Originally Posted By: JA
What else do you expect from a country that invented a "game" that takes 90 minutes (plus injury time)to produce a result - or MORE PROBABLY no result at all - with a maximum score of 20 points

Do you think thats a particularly appropriate comment JA?

Oh. And by the way, what game's that then?

confused

Whatever!

Oh, and the "game" is soccer!